Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Maxim 50 Silencerco >

Maxim 50 Silencerco

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Maxim 50 Silencerco

Old 10-06-2017, 06:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by falcon
Sabotloader has brought up a good point. How do you scope something like that?
The guy that bought one posted a picture of the rifle with a scope and it is not as bad as I speculated. On the low power you do loose a the lower portion of the view but the cross hairs are unobstructed.

Can not say that I would like that but...

Old 10-06-2017, 07:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

I feel bad for the guy. His first ML and its so limited by load and bullet. Pretty much all the approved bullets are premium priced and so is the BH209.

To rub salt in the wound, that rifle by itself can be found for under $400 and he paid nearly $1000 for it with a "silencer"
Old 10-06-2017, 02:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

No thanks. Honestly, I wouldn't buy one if it was $100... and I can't imagine anyone paying what they are asking. Here today, gone tomorrow is my guess. I'll stick to my Knights.
Old 10-06-2017, 02:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by WV Hunter
No thanks. Honestly, I wouldn't buy one if it was $100... and I can't imagine anyone paying what they are asking. Here today, gone tomorrow is my guess. I'll stick to my Knights.
I totally agree. I have no use for that of any kind.
Old 10-20-2017, 03:02 PM
Spike

That's weird looking ! Silencer ..... on a muzzleloader? What am I missing ?
Old 10-24-2017, 02:08 PM
Spike

FYI
the thing is awesome, it is my second muzzle loader and i dont see me using my old CVA anytime soon again. Scope height is no problem either, the thing just works, shoot without earpro and just have fun
you can use any non corrosive powder, and bullet selection is not bad either

i have a video where i am using Hodgdon triple 7

www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMYr2W1UYgA

i made some more videos if anyone is interested ( i made a video if loading and shooting it and 1 about the 209 primers since they make a big difference in sound level
Old 10-24-2017, 07:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Non corrosive powder huh?

Yeah, good luck with that one. ALL BP SUBS are corrosive. You are dreaming if you think they are not.
Old 10-24-2017, 07:44 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by LHhunterTN
FYI
the thing is awesome, it is my second muzzle loader and i dont see me using my old CVA anytime soon again. Scope height is no problem either, the thing just works, shoot without earpro and just have fun
you can use any non corrosive powder, and bullet selection is not bad either

i have a video where i am using Hodgdon triple 7

www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMYr2W1UYgA

i made some more videos if anyone is interested ( i made a video if loading and shooting it and 1 about the 209 primers since they make a big difference in sound level
Only your second muzzleloader and the first one and only one you can compare it to was an old CVA . I guess that would explain why you think it awesome. Reality is it's a cheap Spanish import which they stick a can on and jack the price up from 400 to a $1000
That's a ripoff not an awesome muzzleloader. But if you like it that's great . Report back later and see if that changes down the road once you have had it a while .
Old 10-25-2017, 05:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Did they ever improve the trigger or the quality of workmanship on those Traditions?
The one a fellow in our club bought was so bad I would not attempt to work on it.
Old 10-25-2017, 01:25 PM
Spike

soo anyone lately priced a can?
in one of my videos i mentioned that a Remington 700 based muzzle loader would have been the better choice but it is what it is, and its still awesome

1000$ for a rifle with a can... pretty good if you ask me, my brush rifle thats still waiting on ATV approval is a whole lot more expensive and it is based on a ruger american.

in case anyone is wondering if i only play with cheap **** and dont have a reverence
i have a custom Remington 700LH with 6.5x47 barrel and a Vortex Razor gen2, and right now im building a PTG action with a 6.5x47 20" barrel, scope will probably be a S&B
i know how a good trigger feels like ( i have timneys and Lareu ) and i have no problem with the maxim trigger.

it does not want to be a sub MOE target rifle, it IS however the rifle you take if you want to hunt during blackpowder season and not want to use earmuffs..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.