HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   My dad's birthday present - T/C Encore muzzleloader (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/415468-my-dads-birthday-present-t-c-encore-muzzleloader.html)

TN Lone Wolf 09-03-2017 07:06 PM

My dad's birthday present - T/C Encore muzzleloader

My Encore setup consists of a single frame and handful of barrels. You've seen my 300 Win Mag:

You've also seen my 221 Fireball:

I've added another barrel to the family. However, this one isn't for me. And it's not even a handgun barrel.

Eight years ago, we got my dad a muzzleloader for his birthday - a T/C Pro Hunter. However, being the type of father he is, he more often than not allowed me and, later, my sister to use it. In the years since, I've killed a 10 point and 8 point buck, and my sister has killed a 9 point - the second largest buck ever taken on our property. My dad has only ever shot targets with it.

This year, we couldn't figure out what to get him for his birthday. After thinking about it, I suggested to my mom and sister that we build him a muzzleloader around my Encore frame. My sister handled the forend, my mom bought the barrel, and I chose the scope. The end result:

Frame: blued T/C Encore
Stock/forend: T/C factory synthetic
Barrel: blued T/C 28" Endeavor Speed Breach XT
Scope: Nikon Prostaff 3-9x50mm BDC reticle
Base: Weaver
Rings: Leupold Rifleman high rings x4

Now all three of us have muzzleloaders this year. With six potential shooter bucks running around, I'm 100% confident we'll have at least one buck on the ground during the opening weekend muzzleloader season.

jeepkid 09-03-2017 08:51 PM

Nice! Looks great!!!!

10 years ago for my Dad's 50th my mom, sister and I bought my Dad a Benelli R1 in 270 WSM. He loves it.

This year for his 6th I talked my mom into getting him a Blaser R93 Luxus in .270 Win, brought tears to his eyes.

Congrats to your pops!!!!

bronko22000 09-04-2017 04:50 AM

Nice...We have an early ML season in October here in PA where we can use inlines but it is for anterless only. We can't shoot a buck. Now I know we can use our inlines during regular rifle season but the woods and the weather are so nice during mid October and I've seen some dandy buck during that time.

TN Lone Wolf 09-30-2017 05:56 PM

Got my dad's muzzleloader sighted in at 100 yards this afternoon, and we got it done with only 4 shots! If we hadn't set up at 25 and 50 yards first, we could have had it dialed in with only 2 shots. The first one at 25 yards was two inches low, so we moved back to 50 yards then hit the bullseye. At 100 yards, the bullet hit a little over an inch to the right, so we adjusted the scope left and hit the bullseye again.

mounting man 10-01-2017 01:52 AM

Yea Buddy ! Good shooting .