Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
OT: A suggestion. ~ Update 9/8/17 >

OT: A suggestion. ~ Update 9/8/17

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

OT: A suggestion. ~ Update 9/8/17

Old 08-28-2017, 06:13 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Default OT: A suggestion. ~ Update 9/8/17

see below I have an Idea - Called the Cayugad List

All of you who converse on this forum are priceless.

And we underwent a loss recently Cayugad.

The problem is!

I have can get a listing to your e-mail you have listed in case of an emergency- but nothing else.

How about leaving a phone number with somebody? Listing of who to contact in case we loose you?

People where care about each other here. I suggest you leave some contact number with somebody.

For Cayugad aka Dave, I still have a few PD friends trying to get me a family contact. I could not find nor could they an Obituary listing.
If I had a Drivers ID I'd be in. But I don't.
I was aksed and since I was the one who approached Dave to Moderate and we shared the same home state. I knew the county he lived in.

I reached out and was given a last name and address. From there my search developed. One great tool was OnxMaps. It listed his neighbors to which knew. And they were kind enough to call me back, From this I also
know his property is up for sale and have sent a request to the realtor. Maybe I can get a family contact that way. But that is my last option.

Comments?

Hey many of you have made unseen friends....share a bit more info between you.

Dave....JW

Note:
What I will do for you.
If you choose send me your contact information via a Private Message.
It will be kept completely private & confidential.
Anyone who asks me - I will contact your source and have your contact get back to the person seeking you ~ If your contact so choses.

That means your contact info is never given out to anyone by me unless your contact agrees.
Name, Phone number and or address will be kept in a confidential list by me, which will never be posted. Anywhere
A few have already sent me info. I am willing to help.

And this list has a name
Called The Cayugad List

Dave...JW

Last edited by JW; 09-08-2017 at 07:02 PM.
Old 08-28-2017, 06:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good idea, might add a line to the personal file. Also a required state would help answer questions sometimes.
Old 08-28-2017, 06:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by JW

The problem is!

I have can get a listing to your e-mail you have listed in case of an emergency- but nothing else.

How about leaving a phone number with somebody? Listing of who to contact in case we loose you?

People where care about each other here. I suggest you leave some contact number with somebody.

For Cayugad aka Dave, I still have a few PD friends trying to get me a family contact. I could not find nor could they an Obituary listing.
I was aksed and since I was the one who approached Dave to Moderate and we shared the same home state. I knew the county he lived in.

I reached out and was given a last name and address. From there my search developed. One great tool was OnxMaps. It listed his neighbors to which knew. And they were kind enough to call me back, From this I also
know his property is up for sale and have sent a request to the realtor. Maybe I can get a family contact that way. But that is my last option.

Comments?

Dave....JW
Dave I know he as a surviving son that he mentioned to me on different occasions. I can not remember the name or the city but I believe it is a big city because Dave did not relish going there.

If you have the realty - can you call and ask who is selling the property and contact information.

also, I so wanted an onxmap of WI for the same reason you did - my Idaho map would not stretch that far.

I know Dave was a retired Law Enforcement officer and from same big city.... I have no idea why I keep thinking Chicago...

mike
Old 08-29-2017, 06:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

JW, have you checked the newspaper in the area he lived in and also Chicago for an obituary?
Old 08-29-2017, 07:05 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by JW

The problem is!

Comments?

Dave....JW
Hal, owner of modern muzzleloader, has created a spread sheet for the purpose of listing phone numbers, close relatives, state, etc. for members who are willing. I already did with Hal. Do we contact you JW or a moderator?
Old 08-29-2017, 05:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Has Cay passed??? Sorry to hear so if that is the case...

Seems I remember him buying a flintlock a few years back from TVM??? Maybe they have a contact number???
Old 08-31-2017, 02:35 PM
Fork Horn

I hate hearing this. He was always friendly and helpful
Old 08-31-2017, 05:12 PM
JW
Super Moderator

I have Posted Cayugad in the Memorial forum. It was posted here for a short stint.

Yes Dave has passed away from a heart attack I am told. I am still trying to contact the family as his property is listed.

JW
Old 09-07-2017, 03:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think its a good idea JW. Let me know what you decide to do. We all have made online friends for sure. Shame to hear about Dave, he was a great guy.
Old 09-07-2017, 05:22 PM
JW
Super Moderator

You can leave phone numbers or contact info with me if you wish. I will file and only share with those you recommend. So please mention a few who you would wish to be notified.

I hate this getting old stuff! Really do.

For Dave I have a call into the Realty who is handling his property but it is a struggle.
Like i said the info I go was from his neighbors who knew him. And he didn't have very many.

I go check Chicago Obits. Thanks for the lead.

Dave.......JW

Ps update - I found out nothing. What is strange was no obit in Ashland County area - nothing.
I have sent the realtor another e-mail requesting the seller contact me and why.
I will follow up with a phone call tomorrow.

Last edited by JW; 09-07-2017 at 05:52 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.