Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
best youth muzzleloader?? >

best youth muzzleloader??

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

best youth muzzleloader??

Old 08-23-2017, 04:08 PM
Spike

Default best youth muzzleloader??

I borrowed my buddies dads Knight Bighorn but the stock is to long for my wife she has a hard time with it. She had an even harder time with the Mountaineer. I would like to get a youth gun for my son and wife to shoot. I was looking at the knight littlehorn or a cva wolf. What other ones out there would have a short or youth stock??
Old 08-23-2017, 05:11 PM
Fork Horn

TC Impact. It has a removable section in the stock.
Old 08-23-2017, 05:23 PM
Typical Buck

I second the Thompson Center Impact. My sister has one and it is perfectly sized for the smaller shooter. And with the right load and bullet, it is an accurate little booger too. She dropped a very large bodied old whitetail at 211 yards last season with it. Her load was a 220 grain .458 Lehigh controlled fracture in a Harvester crush rib sabot on top of I think 90 grains Blackhorn 209. Might have been 95 grains. She is little at 5'3" and still doesn't have to take that spacer out. Fits her perfectly. And they are extremely reasonable in the price department as well. One of the members here gave her a very good deal on a barely used one that he had picked up for testing purposes. But brand new they are very reasonable.
Old 08-23-2017, 05:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

The reports on the impact are excellent it may well be the best buy dollar for value on the market.
Old 08-23-2017, 07:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Impact or a Little Horn stock for the BigHorn.

CVA actually has a youth stock for the Optima V2 also. Its listed under stocks for the Scout V2 rifle.
Old 08-24-2017, 03:54 PM
Spike

I'm assuming the littlehorn is the same gun as the bighorn just with a shorter barrel?? Because you can get an adult stock on the littlehorn as well?? A little horn stock will fit the bighorn though??
Old 08-24-2017, 03:57 PM
Spike

Nevermind if I would have just read the description on the realtree stock it says it fits the bighorn and wolverine lol.

except the pink says littlehorn, wolverine, and lk-93 and the skull werx say littlehorn and wolverine?? I'm assuming they should both fit the bighorn if the realtree stock fits bighorn littlehorn and wolverine?

Last edited by zmason1002; 08-24-2017 at 04:00 PM.
Old 08-25-2017, 08:55 PM
Typical Buck

Had the little sister give me a couple of pointers on this forum control stuff. Figured out how to post links. Here is one from Natchez that is a pretty good deal. https://www.natchezss.com/thompson-c...ite-stock.html There will be some that will disagree but in my straight up honest opinion, those little Impacts are twice the gun than those CVA deals. Granted my sister is above most in skill with a rifle but all the skill in the world can't make up for a poor quality rifle. And I shot quite a few rounds with her a little while back at 300 yards hitting a 10" gong. For a little $220 break open black powder rifle, that is pretty dang impressive.
Old 08-26-2017, 04:37 AM
Spike

I have an Impact and I also have an Accura and both shoot very well. Both are break actions, both use an external hammer, yada, yada, yada. I'm sorry but the Impact is not made any better than one of today's CVA Optimas or Accuras, or should I say that CVA'a quality s no less than that of Thompson muzzloaders. And I do believe that one's level of skill plays a huge part in how well ANY gun shoots. I also think that with the wide range of sabots, bullets, and powders available today that any gun can be tailored to shoot for just about anyone in any age group.
Old 08-29-2017, 12:48 PM
Spike

besides looks is there any benefit to get the Thompson/Center Impact Muzzleloader – Weather Shield/Realtree Hardwoods HD over the Thompson/Center Impact Muzzleloader – Blued/Black?? I don't know if looks alone will justify the 60 dollars difference in a beginners gun. That 60 dollars I think would be better spent on setting it up for a scope.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.