Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Lehigh Defense - ML Jags >

Lehigh Defense - ML Jags

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Lehigh Defense - ML Jags

Old 08-10-2017, 10:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Lehigh Defense - ML Jags

Just saw this and thought I would share... Lehigh Defense is now building a multipurpose (my word not theirs) loading and cleaning jag.

It is aluminum jag with a Gold Iridite Anodized finish applied. With this finish the jag should not change colors as oxidation works on it. And just so you know the aluminum is 7075-T6 which is far better suited for the job than the normal 6061!

And if you might be wondering the ribbed middle section is to alleviate the potential of losing a patch on the up stroke as sometimes happens, these threads will grab the patch, not allowing it to roll down, bind up or fall off.

This picture shows the older style jag with the oxidation working on the brass.

Not sure if it is on the web site yet but it should be should be shortly. And or they might show up on the Midway sight

I have used the older on many of my gun rods for hunting.

Last edited by sabotloader; 08-10-2017 at 11:54 AM.
Old 08-10-2017, 01:29 PM
Typical Buck

Looks Good! Any idea as to what they will be going for?
Old 08-10-2017, 03:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by edmehlig
Looks Good! Any idea as to what they will be going for?

Actually know I do not right now - I just checked the web site and there is a page for them but they are not listed as of now. When I find out I will let all know.

I have used the older brass jag for several years on the gun rods and they really do work well as a multipurpose tool. I think these new ones occurred when Lehigh was looking to improve what they already had.
Old 08-10-2017, 03:42 PM
Typical Buck

They are pretty much the same thing just anodized right? With the old man's Thompson Center Pro Hunter and that demon spawn smokeless I am going to be looking for different loading jag head for the different bullet profiles I will be shooting with them. I was looking at one of those fancy dancy Spin Jags and the old man had several different jags in the shop. But I will be needing one with a deep inset for the pointy bullets and the one he had in there for hollow point bullets doesn't really fit well for those Lehigh bullets.
Old 08-10-2017, 06:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by hunters_life
They are pretty much the same thing just anodized right? With the old man's Thompson Center Pro Hunter and that demon spawn smokeless I am going to be looking for different loading jag head for the different bullet profiles I will be shooting with them. I was looking at one of those fancy dancy Spin Jags and the old man had several different jags in the shop. But I will be needing one with a deep inset for the pointy bullets and the one he had in there for hollow point bullets doesn't really fit well for those Lehigh bullets.

I have used the Original Spin Jag for several years and loaded just about all types of bullets with it - but - I have loaded very few Ultra-Pointy Parker BE's and CEB pointed bullets. The few that I did I do not remember any problems.

I am assuming the new Lehigh jag will have the same cavity dimensions as does the current jag.

This picture is a point CEB with the old Lehigh...

And this one with the jag in place on the bullet. I really think it would load it with no problems

Old 08-29-2017, 09:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

These jags are now on the web Site.

https://www.lehighdefense.com/collec...zleloader-rods

But check Midway first - they could be less expensive there...
Old 08-30-2017, 05:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Im pretty sure the cavity is deaper with the new jags. I used them with pointy bullets a couple weekends ago. Ive also left one soaking in solvent to see if it changed colors. So far so good. And they work well with most bullets.
Old 08-30-2017, 04:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

The cavity is much deeper on the new jags. They actually had to be with different bullets being tested at Lehigh currently.
Old 08-30-2017, 06:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Grouse45
The cavity is much deeper on the new jags. They actually had to be with different bullets being tested at Lehigh currently.
50 cal. Jag

Old Jag - depth .472
New Jag - depth .492

Last edited by sabotloader; 08-30-2017 at 06:36 PM.
Old 08-31-2017, 05:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sabotloader
50 cal. Jag

Old Jag - depth .472
New Jag - depth .492
Thats about right, measure the 45cal. I think youll see more

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.