Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Remember to use a Premium Bullet this fall! >

Remember to use a Premium Bullet this fall!

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Remember to use a Premium Bullet this fall!

Old 08-06-2017, 01:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
Back in town. I'm ok. The tent thing really sucked with all the damn rain we've gotten. I was talking to a friend who offered his hunting cabin to me anytime I want it, except during hunting seasons. So, i'm going to take him up on it. At least i'll be out of the rain and it's way deep in the mountains with nobody around. At least i'll be dry.
Rain is an understatement, more like Monsoon season! Cutting the grass once a week for the past month
Old 08-06-2017, 02:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

I found it, he used Bob Milligan of Milligan's Outfitting for that hunt. He mentions him a few minutes into the video.
Old 08-06-2017, 02:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Gm54-120
I think you are missing the point about BC regulations. Alaska is a whole other ball game.

http://www.frontcounterbc.gov.bc.ca/...r/eligibility/
The following criteria must be met to proceed with an application for a Guide Outfitter Licence:
Must be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada

Isnt Steve West from/live in Oregon?

He does BC too.

http://www.steveshunts.com/bc-coastal-grizzly.html

You guys are probably right. He probably had a backup guide. He did show him. Steve comes across as hard core and I can see him saying....I don't need no backup!! However, the law is the law. One thing is for sure. He sure didn't need a backup with that Powerbelt. It flattened the grizz. I'm impressed.
Old 08-06-2017, 02:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

He books hunts for people is a more accurate statement...So he is a hunting "bookie" as far as hunting in BC goes. Basically a travel agent service for hunters.

Its right on his website
We want to earn your business and will do so by booking your next hunting or fishing adventure with a top-notch outfitter or guide that has been approved by Steve West personally
Old 08-06-2017, 04:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

You're just upset that the Powerbelt worked.
Old 08-06-2017, 08:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

You just cant stand the fact that it was a publicity stunt paid for by CVA and im right. Steve West is not a certified guide or outfitter for British Columbia.

You are wrong again.

BTW i love this little quote....Mauser Hunter

It's not like we're talking about a quality bullet. It's a copper washed lead bullet that can shatter if it isn't shot at the right velocities, or pancake if it hits a big bone. It works when everything is right.
Too funny huh?

Last edited by Gm54-120; 08-06-2017 at 08:34 PM.
Old 08-06-2017, 09:02 PM
Typical Buck

Just wondering, what qualifies as a "premium" bullet?
Old 08-07-2017, 05:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Gm54-120
You just cant stand the fact that it was a publicity stunt paid for by CVA and im right. Steve West is not a certified guide or outfitter for British Columbia.

You are wrong again.

BTW i love this little quote....Mauser Hunter

Too funny huh?

Tell that grizz is was just a publicity stunt. What I said about the PB is right. Not sure what point you're trying to make. Other than you're petty and love to make trouble.

I've watched Steve on his program guide hunters. He wasn't carrying a gun , he was instructing the hunter on what to do and what animal to kill and even carried sticks and set them up for the hunter. He may not be a legal guide, but he sure acts like one. Maybe you can call him out on that. It's your specialty.

Now, once again i'm done with any forum you're on. You're so annoying I don't need this crap in my life. Good job of driving off members butthead.
Old 08-07-2017, 05:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Talking

[QUOTE=TN Lone Wolf;4312682]Just wondering, what qualifies as a "premium" bullet?[/
A bullet that has a good BC and good terminal performance with all normal loads and distances. Some of the bullets that are in this category are quite reasonably priced example XTP and Deep Curl, while there are some that are quite expensive but are worth it, like Barnes and Lehigh. And then there are some that are way over priced and you have to go to very heavy bullets to get them to hold together.
Old 08-07-2017, 06:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Several of the DeepCurls and even the older Uni-Cors are excellent examples of premium quality without the premium price tag. Even Rainier has/had a couple that are great bullets for the money and they are dirt cheap.

One of the bullets i use is premium priced but not quite a true premium bullet. Its been great when shots are very selective in the boiler room. IMO if it were bonded it might be way way better....Kinda sucks that a bullet that is over a buck a pop wont hold up better so i normally don't recommend them.

Even true premium vendors have a few that dont quite make the cut. Barnes has a couple that need more fps to perform the best, such as the Barnes Original 300gr Spitzer and the .451 275gr XPB. They are just fine if you can shoot them fast enough or if penetration is the main goal. The BO though is grossly overpriced for what you get. I can buy custom made bonded bullets for less than a Barnes Original.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.