Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Nice Powerbelt load for the Accura... >

Nice Powerbelt load for the Accura...

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Nice Powerbelt load for the Accura...

Old 07-07-2017, 11:06 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
You must be upset that they killed more game than your bullet?
Probably wounded more that were never found also
Old 07-07-2017, 11:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

You must be upset that they killed more game than your bullet?
Not even close
I'd rather shoot a bullet that works, and the number of game I've shot with other bullets would stager you.
If they work for ya, then use them. When they stop working, send them my way and I'll send you back a bunch of fishing sinkers
Old 07-07-2017, 11:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

1974.....Explain how one guy can use a Powerbelt for years with no problems and plenty of game taken, and then someone else who can't kill a squirrel with them?

Is it the bullets fault?
Old 07-07-2017, 11:10 AM
Fork Horn

I killed elk, bear and deer with the platinum 338 with 90gr of 777. Elk and bear dropped with sight. Deer I had some issues with but still had a decent blood trail and ran 80 yrds through green briar. All 3 were shot under 50yrds.
Old 07-07-2017, 11:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by BarnesAddict
Not even close
I'd rather shoot a bullet that works, and the number of game I've shot with other bullets would stager you.
If they work for ya, then use them. When they stop working, send them my way and I'll send you back a bunch of fishing sinkers
Oh, it's more than close. It's true and your denial changes nothing.

Gun shops around here stock and sell nothing but Powerbelts, because they're legal, shoot in any gun, and they work. Talk to the shop owners and they'll tell you they've had no complaints about Powerbelts. Talk to the hunters and they'll tell you the same thing. Why is that?

Something is wrong and I think it's the bull you get on forums. Rumors spread easily and shouldn't be believed. Most who rag on PB's have never used them. They just want to be one of the boys and agree. Not my style. I've helped a lot of hunters hunt. A lot of them use PB's. I've seen no failures. Just the opposite. I've seen lots of bang-flops. I'm not buying the rumors.
Old 07-07-2017, 11:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Gun shops around here stock and sell nothing but Powerbelts, because they're legal, shoot in any gun, and they work. Talk to the shop owners and they'll tell you they've had no complaints about Powerbelts. Talk to the hunters and they'll tell you the same thing. Why is that?

Something is wrong and I think it's the bull you get on forums. Rumors spread easily and shouldn't be believed. Most who rag on PB's have never used them. They just want to be one of the boys and agree. Not my style. I've helped a lot of hunters hunt. A lot of them use PB's. I've seen no failures. Just the opposite. I've seen lots of bang-flops. I'm not buying the rumors.
Muley, if they work for ya, keep using them. Every hunter I know can't stand them and won't use them. I've shot'em before and won't shoot them again. If a PB is the only bullet you can find, then of course hunters will need something and you buy what's available. However given a choice between ANY PB and a Thor for your state's rules, Thor hands down.
They aren't even as close to accurate as many "rumors" indicate. If the bullet was accurate, it would be used in competition. My crossbow is more accurate to 60yds
Old 07-07-2017, 11:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

I never said they work for me. I've never hunted with anything but a round ball in muzzleloaders. My experience with them is seeing my friends using them.

As for what they sell here. They don't sell them, because that's all they can sell. It's what the hunters want and ask for. I've seen other conicals on the shelves collecting dust forever.

Yes, a Thor is a better bullet, but they don't fit consistently and he runs out of them too often. Guys here don't want to mess with that. They want to go in the shop, buy PB's, and go hunt.
Old 07-07-2017, 12:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

I never said they work for me. I've never hunted with anything but a round ball in muzzleloaders.
Well that is good to know
Old 07-07-2017, 12:54 PM
Fork Horn

Same here... almost everyone that black powder hunts around my area shoots PB's,,, and with good reason,,, they shoot good and kill even better. They are not "experts", just hunters that know what works... matter of fact, I had some fried venison cube steak just a few days ago thanks to a 250 grain Aerolite...
Old 07-07-2017, 01:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Just ignore the haters. I may use a 300gr Aerolite next year for elk. Just so I can say I killed something with them.

Maybe i'll use a 250gr version this year for muleys. Carlos said he has a bunch he doesn't use anymore and is sending them to me.

Unless I swap out the CVA MR for a GPR. It seems I always get rid of an inline before a hunt. It's hard for me to use one to hunt with.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.