HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   Blurry peep solution (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/414373-blurry-peep-solution.html)

1874sharpsshooter 06-17-2017 01:08 PM

Blurry peep solution

Well I solved my blurry sight problem . At least it is pretty darn good compared to normal and I am a happy camper
It was actually an accidental solution I stumbled on while messing with my bow . I am Hoping to draw a archery elk tag and was concerned because my bow sights are blurrier than my muzzy sights if that is possible . Anyway I hang my reading glasses on my shirt and lose about 3 pair a week . I was practicing with the bow and needed to adjust the sight a little on the 50 yard pin . I found out that I lost my reading glasses and couldn't find any spare pairs . I got my wife's pair which are very weak compared to mine. They are 1.25 or 1.5. I put them on to make my adjustment and then checked the sight
I realized that her weak reading glasses cleared up the pin yet didn't blur out the distant target like mine . I shot with them on and it worked great so I took out my Super Safari with the peep sight and front fiber optic and sure enough I could see the from bead clearly without the target being distorted
I got to practice like this now I think . Low power reading glasses appear to be a solution for me. I am a happy camper right now .

cayugad 06-17-2017 03:43 PM

I will have to try that. Sometimes the rear sights get blurry. Maybe a weak reading glasses will tune them in. And the fronts for a change.

bronko22000 06-17-2017 04:54 PM

Well I hope you get your own and don't keep using your wife's. Of course maybe the horn rimmed glasses look good on you!!! I can just see you wearing something like that LOL

Muley Hunter 06-17-2017 05:08 PM

Good that it works for you. It didn't for me when I tried it. The sight looked good but the target was way too blurry.

Semisane 06-17-2017 05:23 PM

Subsequent to my cataract surgery, I use +2.50 readers for reading books/newspapers/instruction sheets, etc. (Aw, come on. That's BS. I never read instruction sheets), +1.50 for viewing the computer screen from a comfortable distance, and +1.25 for peep sights and handguns.

What I find with peep sights, the +1.25's work well for me out to 100 yards, but like Muley, the target gets too blurry beyond that. So I go with no glasses and a slightly blurry front sight for long distances.

hunters_life 06-17-2017 07:20 PM

I use 1.50 for reading and computer. Just looking up from here to the wall about 19 feet away is blurred a bit. Couldn't imagine 100 yards. Dad may have had some 1.25's around here somewhere. I think he used those for a while. It would be really nice if I could keep up with my aperture sites and not have to abandon them completely for scopes. At least put that off for a while.

1874sharpsshooter 06-17-2017 07:34 PM

I didn't try any great distance . I was practicing mostly 40 and 50 with the bow and it was really good so I tried the super safari and only at 50 yards also. If it doesn't help at 100 for the muzzy I guess at least it keeps me bow hunting longer

Semisane 06-17-2017 07:38 PM

Generally speaking, a sharp sight and blurry target is preferable to a blurry sight and sharp target. But it's a trade off either way.

Oldtimr 06-18-2017 03:35 AM

Cayugad, the front sight should be clear, not the rear. You can't look at two different things at the same time a distance apart and have both clear. having a sharp front sight is a good thing.