Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Bloodline performance at lower price!! >

Bloodline performance at lower price!!

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Bloodline performance at lower price!!

Old 06-15-2017, 05:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm using a new Accura MR nitride I bought. I'm sure I can get the bullets to work good.

If you're wondering. My bum back can't hold up the heavy sidelock barrels anymore. Plus, instead of two rear sights that I was seeing. Now I see three. No options left but a scoped inline. Better than not hunting.
Old 06-15-2017, 05:52 PM
Typical Buck

Sabot Loader, That is the rifle I intend on trying them in. Of the several sidelocks I own, that renegade is the only one of them that will shoot a saboted bullet within 1 and a half inch grouping. My dads old Hawken had a Green Mountain barrel with 1:28 twist so it is a sabot shooting machine. But since I have several sidelocks I gave that one to Brandon along with his double rifles and black powder cartridge rifles.
Muley Hunter, I am beginning to have the same problem with open sites myself. Had to go to aperture sites a year or so ago and even those are getting a little difficult to focus on. The old man had to go to scopes around my age and it seems my poor eyes are following his. Sorry to hear about your back troubles. Years of football pretty much did my knees in and I'm sure the back will follow along suit. Stupid game.
Old 06-15-2017, 06:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well, it's not so bad. At least we have an option to keep us hunting.
Old 06-15-2017, 07:38 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter

More power to you Muley! One reason I kind of went scoped with a number of rifles and had to really limit my distance with open sighted rifles. My eyes were "fixed" they claim but open sights get fuzzy in spots.

I have sure read good things about that Accura. That is the upgrade of the Optima is it not? And I like my Optima. Good luck hunting.
Old 06-16-2017, 04:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

And here I thought you were giving up on hunting and sticking to fly fishing? IMO though I think hunting is easier on the back. My back would hurt so bad after several hours on a stream with my "bug rod".
I'm already planning on how to camo a walker for hunting..
Old 06-16-2017, 06:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've gotten hurt so many times falling in rocky rivers I lost count. I never fall down hunting and if I did is would be soft dirt. Not those blasted river boulders.

I fly fish from the bank now.

I really tried to retire from hunting. I couldn't do it. It seemed my life had ended and I had nothing to look forward to. I feel alive again now. I have goals again.

Sorry.........We got off topic. Back to the bullets.
Old 06-23-2017, 07:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I really tried to retire from hunting. I couldn't do it. It seemed my life had ended and I had nothing to look forward to. I feel alive again now. I have goals again.
Thats good news Muley. I always look forward to hunting. Probably more so then ever.
Old 06-23-2017, 08:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

We don't realize how much we love something until we think we're going to lose it.

I always knew hunting was important to me, but didn't realize how much.

The killing has nothing to do with it either. It's just being out there doing it that's important.
Old 06-23-2017, 09:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

We don't realize how much we love something until we think we're going to lose it.

The killing has nothing to do with it either. It's just being out there doing it that's important.

AMEN! to that
Old 06-25-2017, 06:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Amen to that! The killing to me is the least part of the experience. I pass up game so much that I could harvest. To me, I just enjoy being out there... but I do take my fair share. I've just become much more selective based on what and where I'm hunting, and whether or not I have time to take care of it after the shot.

Nothing beats just being out there enjoying God's creations, especially on a beautiful fall day