Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Published Inline Rules >

Published Inline Rules

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Published Inline Rules

Old 05-24-2017, 08:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Published Inline Rules

Old 05-24-2017, 10:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

In the Hunters competition the Ultimate would not be allowed. So im assuming you shoot in the long range competition?? The rules over all look ok to me. If you like them enter the competition, if you don't don't. Pretty simple to me.
Old 05-24-2017, 11:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Grouse45
In the Hunters competition the Ultimate would not be allowed. So im assuming you shoot in the long range competition?? The rules over all look ok to me. If you like them enter the competition, if you don't don't. Pretty simple to me.
Well Grouse, until the docs give me the OK, I'm not shooting at all.

I'm totally fine with the M5. I like the rules for it.
I'm actually thinking about the purchase of a new $1,000 stock with Mercury recoil reducers, along with purchasing an $1,100 new custom barrel with complete bedding. That should work well with my 8oz. Jewell trigger and $2,000 scope.

To be clear about Ultimate named rifles..........

The ULTIMATE FIREARMS INC., BP XPRESS can not shoot in the IH (Hunter) class. I have no issue with that what so ever, which I'll bet surprises you

However.... the 200gr, pellet burning, identically built rifle, the REMINGTON ULTIMATE MUZZLELOADER, can shoot in the IH (Hunter) class. Confirmed.

The rifle's are built with different manufacturing names. The rifles are built with identical actions. The rifles are both built with custom designed barrels. The rifles utilize the same breech plug ignition system. Both rifles utilize custom stocks. Dang, that's almost exact. LOL

I do though have one concern when trying to bring new shooters into the sport of organized shooting. Modern inline hunters do not hunt and/or shoot from the prone position using cross sticks. The rule for the IH class to shoot 200m and 300m prone, will deter many new shooters.
Old 05-24-2017, 11:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

I truly see the irony but....

The rifles are both built with custom designed barrels.
Remington uses hammer forged barrels made in house IIRC and UF uses Lothar Walther barrels. The only thing they have in common is the twist and bore. Different steels and even different rifling methods correct?

It would be similar to comparing a bone stock Savage MLII to a MLII with a Pacnor Match Grade or Douglas Premium 50cal 1-24 barrel added.
Old 05-24-2017, 12:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Gm54-120
I truly see the irony but....

Remington uses hammer forged barrels made in house IIRC and UF uses Lothar Walther barrels. The only thing they have in common is the twist and bore. Different steels and even different rifling methods correct?

It would be similar to comparing a bone stock Savage MLII to a MLII with a Pacnor Match Grade or Douglas Premium 50cal 1-24 barrel added.
Not even worth debating at all. Guys are shooting less than moa at 300yds with the RUM and its well known that one shooter is achieving moa at 700yds.
But its neither here nor there, as the decision is made and I'm totally fine with it. But, done correctly either barrel can be extremely accurate.