Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

O.T.

Old 05-16-2017, 09:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default O.T.

Until a couple medical issues are resolved, three different docs and the wife say, "NO SHOOTING AT ALL"! Now the docs don't scare me to much, but the wife would push me down and make me eat dirt, again. Pains me to no end, as we've had some excellent shooting weather, with little to no wind.

So to pass the time I measured out some propellant. 37.9grs to be exact. Can't shoot, so I loaded 50 rounds of .450 Bushmaster. At least I was able to fondle bullets.....
Old 05-16-2017, 10:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

That's why I dumped the wife and never tried that again.
Old 05-16-2017, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Now is a good time to get that Ultimate Ml of yours updated. Send it out and get a 1/20 45cal barrel on it and a good breech plug. Hopefully your better by the time it comes back.
Old 05-16-2017, 11:34 AM
Banned

Not sure what you medical conditions are, but I wish you the best at healing up.
Old 05-16-2017, 11:48 AM
Typical Buck

Why does it seem that the strongest of men, either in stubborn fortitude or actual physical strength, seem to find the strongest willed women known to exist? One of my dad's favorite sayings was, I fear no man and only 3 women, meaning my step mom and my 2 sisters. I have to admit, when mom gets her ire up, just the look in her eyes can freeze your soul. My own wife seems to have absorbed that very same ability. They can both instill shrinkage in the most endowed of men. Hope you recover from whatever medical condition you have gotten into BarnesAddict. If this nice weather keeps holding, I'll burn enough powder for us both.
Old 05-16-2017, 12:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Grouse45
Now is a good time to get that Ultimate Ml of yours updated. Send it out and get a 1/20 45cal barrel on it and a good breech plug. Hopefully your better by the time it comes back.
Tempting, yes sir it is. I'd probably go 1:18 though and that may just happen at some point. Sometimes you just have to build them "One piece at a time".

Sitting around gives a guy too much time to think. Another problem the "little woman" says I have. Debating on rather to have pillars added and bed this McMillan, or just purchase a new HS Precision stock. Other than certainly a different color, I've got two in mind.
https://www.hsprecision.com/shop2/ri...-stock-psc023/
https://www.hsprecision.com/shop2/ri...-stock-psc027/

Might as well go complete from the bottom up custom. New rules will be coming out for the Nationals, where BOTH the Ultimate Inc. and Remington Ultimate will be considered custom rifles. So a change of barrel/cal. and a new stock should be all I need.

Our mother passed on March 3rd and while down below helping clean the estate, I somehow injured a knee. I put it off hoping it would heal and it didn't. Doc says its a severely torn meniscus. An MRI is scheduled next week, then he'll have an idea what and how bad. After seeing the doc, he put me on an anti-inflammatory medication. That medication is well known for causing bleeding problems, and unfortunately I ended up being one of those people. One morning I felt that I had to blow my nose and when I did so, it erupted in blood. I've seen a number of broken noses, never have I seen one bleed like this. Pouring into the kitchen sink. The wife grabbed a jumbo roll of paper towel and a plastic bag and off to the ER we went. Used all but 3 sheets of that jumbo. Long story shorter, I continue to have random daily nose bleeds, which fortunately I'm able to stop by myself. However I did have to go back to ER a second time. I guess its a simple procedure to electro cauterize it. Docs all say that its way to dangerous for me to be shooting until the electro cauterization. Of course, the "little woman" will keep it that way.

Mom always used to say, "When they tell you its the Golden Years, they just don't tell you its Fool's Gold". She was right. Heck, she was always right.
Old 05-16-2017, 01:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
That's why I dumped the wife and never tried that again.
You mean you've got no full time night woman?

I've got a keeper. She bought me a Slingshot
Old 05-16-2017, 01:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

No, just part timers. I find the ones who don't say much.
Old 05-16-2017, 05:45 PM
Spike

pellets or powder need info
Old 05-16-2017, 06:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bearbow49
pellets or powder need info
Pellets or powder? A .450 Bushmaster cartridge uses powder. Lil'Gun actually.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.