Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Shes already learning! >

Shes already learning!

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Shes already learning!

Old 04-26-2017, 07:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cute dog

I have to agree with the others, Pitts can be super dogs. I have several friends that own or have owned them, and all have been super sweet with no issues.

Certainly, they are strong and can be very nasty. But I believe that with many breeds that get a bad rap, 95% of their behavior is based on how they were brought up. Too many people buy pitts and other breeds as protectors and train em up that way. Seems that many of those same folk don't seem to care about containing those animals either....unfortunately.
Old 04-26-2017, 07:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by GoexBlackhorn
I would never own or recommend that breed to anyone. Obvious reasons why.....all over the internet and newspapers. My sister works the local, large hospital ER and I hear horror stories all the time. Also, in my 15 years of long, 2-3 mile daily dog walks, my last two dogs have been attacked 34 times....... 29 by various pitbull or pitbull mix-breeds.

I've said my 2 cents here. Hoping yours remains docile/loving (without incident) for their entire lives.
Man that is crazy. I can see why you take the stance you do. I think I'd be packing a handgun with that kind of track record. Or find another area to walk your dog....(which you shouldn't have to).
Old 04-28-2017, 05:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by GoexBlackhorn
I would never own or recommend that breed to anyone. Obvious reasons why.....all over the internet and newspapers. My sister works the local, large hospital ER and I hear horror stories all the time. Also, in my 15 years of long, 2-3 mile daily dog walks, my last two dogs have been attacked 34 times....... 29 by various pitbull or pitbull mix-breeds.

I've said my 2 cents here. Hoping yours remains docile/loving (without incident) for their entire lives.
http://www.ydr.com/story/news/2017/0...ved/101016924/
Old 04-28-2017, 09:52 AM
Banned

Now look up the stats of human deaths caused by humans vs pit bulls.

Worst dog I had period, was a pure bred black lab. Never knew what his deal was but I got rid of him in a hurry.