Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Where is Semisane? >

Where is Semisane?

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Where is Semisane?

Old 04-05-2017, 07:38 PM
Fork Horn

I had one a few years ago when I retired from the army. The prep tastes like drinking Dawn dish washing detergent. It's nasty going in and coming out. Just the thoughts of the prep makes me cringe.
Old 04-06-2017, 01:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

This has to be one of the best articles on it I've ever read. And those of us that had it can relate.
http://shooterspagetxforums.yuku.com...2#.WOas8LjfvOU
Old 04-06-2017, 03:18 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bronko22000
This has to be one of the best articles on it I've ever read. And those of us that had it can relate.
Bronko, after reading that it reminded me of how I was when I drank moviprep. The image of Harry on the toilet after Loyd slipped him the turbo laxative was the first thing that popped into my mind.
Old 04-06-2017, 04:14 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bronko22000

Last time I had it the prep was in 3 different forms: pills (30+from what I here, never tried them) liquid already mixed 2 bottles (grape flavor) That's what I used...not much grape flavor, but very salty, and powder form where you mix it, like above.

It's a life saving procedure, I can wait my turn every 10 years....
Old 04-06-2017, 04:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a colonoscopy coming up on the 20th. Last time they found a polyp that they didn't like the looks of. I have a good friend that is on his 7th round of chemo from colon cancer so I guess I can't bitch about the small amount of discomfort this cleaning out will cause. I can bitch about the cost though. I think I could stick a remote camera up someones rear end for a lot less.
Old 04-06-2017, 07:50 PM
JW
Super Moderator

I aksed the Doc - "Geez how far does that thing go in?"

The Reply -
"If we open your mouth and see the light we have gone far enough!"

Dang glad I was asleep!

Oh now I gotta go ban myself.

JW
Old 04-07-2017, 03:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Things change when they remove 12" of your colon.......
Old 04-07-2017, 06:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

That does suck BA. My wife had a colonoscopy two weeks ago. The doc found lots of polyps and she had lots of bleeding when he started removing some. She's getting another scoping next Wednesday, in the hospital rather than a clinic, for a better understanding of what's going on and with the possibility of removal of some or all of the colon.
Old 04-07-2017, 07:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Semisane
That does suck BA. My wife had a colonoscopy two weeks ago. The doc found lots of polyps and she had lots of bleeding when he started removing some. She's getting another scoping next Wednesday, in the hospital rather than a clinic, for a better understanding of what's going on and with the possibility of removal of some or all of the colon.
Sorry to hear that about the wife. I never had over 1 or 2 polyps, but it ended up turning into diverticulitis and went down hill from there. They decided that part of the large intestine had to go before it turned into something much worse. They removed 12" of large intestine, which has created a few "minor" issues. They stapled me back together and I can tell you for fact, one of the staples on the outside he removed, near the belly button, about made me bite a stick in half! Of 23 or 24 staples, there had to be "that one".
I was lucky that I didn't have to wear a bag, even temporarily. A friend that had the same thing done, had to wear a bag for a few weeks.
I wish her the best.........
Old 04-07-2017, 08:17 AM
Banned

Wonderful conversation. Next month I'm pretty sure I'll be getting a camera up my rear end due to stomach pain and swelling.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.