Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Idiots at USPS (Little off topic) >

Idiots at USPS (Little off topic)

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Idiots at USPS (Little off topic)

Old 03-03-2017, 06:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Idiots at USPS (Little off topic)

So, A good while back I had my son send Clem (Bronko) some old shockwaves I had laying around that I wouldn't use. He had some difficulties at the desk with the lady trying to say "you can't send ammunition in the mail"! After going around and around with this retard for a bit he asked to speak with the supervisor. "Sir I AM the supervisor and I am telling you you can not send that through the mail"...It took the poor boy 15 or so minutes to get this complete moron to understand that a bullet is not LOADED ammunition.

Forward to today...Another buddy of mine was in a clench and couldn't find his favorite bullet ANYWHERE online or at a brick and mortar. Had a couple hundred in the bin so I told him I'd send him 100 till he could find some. I think I ran into the exact same MORON at the PO down here!!! Maybe they transferred her after I logged a complaint with the post master. Took me almost 20 minutes (10 of which I was trying to be nice and personable,,the remaining 10, not so much) to get this individual to understand that a bullet is not LOADED ammunition!!! Told her the exact same thing my son told the other woman (if it indeed was another woman). The only way this package would be dangerous was if you dropped it on your damn toe!

Are people really that uneducated about firearms that they don't know the difference?? I know caseless ammunition has been tried for years but because of some serious issues with several parts of the designs it just hasn't took off yet...Still, are people just that blindly uneducated?
Old 03-03-2017, 06:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

They have never asked me what is in the package other than very generic questions. Why in the world would you tell them anything more?
Old 03-03-2017, 07:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

I agree. They have no right to know what's in the package and I never tell them.

In fact, except when I ship 22 lbs. of lead in a small flat rate package () no one at my post office has ever asked. And even then it was just out of friendly curiosity - not a "business" question.
Old 03-03-2017, 08:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

As I did with Clem, the boxes of bullets I have don't fit the shipping boxes so I had to take the bullets out of the Hornady boxes and put them in the shipping box...She saw me doing it and started having a conniption fit! Cheaper to send them flat rate in those boxes than weighed. 100 180gr bullets aint light.
Old 03-03-2017, 08:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

Oh, I see. When Nosy Nancy spotted those bullets and started raising a ruckus you should have thrown one at her to show her they don't explode.
Old 03-03-2017, 09:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I sure thought about it!! But I still got a pretty good throwing arm...Mighta actually done some damage!
Old 03-04-2017, 03:14 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Semisane
I agree. They have no right to know what's in the package and I never tell them.

In fact, except when I ship 22 lbs. of lead in a small flat rate package () no one at my post office has ever asked. And even then it was just out of friendly curiosity - not a "business" question.
I miss those packages! 😀
Old 03-04-2017, 03:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I sent a muzzleloader one time and made the mistake of telling them and the post master wouldn't let me send it because it shoots "bullets" so I told him I'd give him 500 dollars on the spot if he could figure out how to shoot it ! Now I don't tell them it's just a box of machine parts. BTW it's legal to send a muzzleloader thru the usps but the liberals working there can override that if they choose to.
Old 03-04-2017, 03:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
So, A good while back I had my son send Clem (Bronko) some old shockwaves I had laying around that I wouldn't use. He had some difficulties at the desk with the lady trying to say "you can't send ammunition in the mail"! After going around and around with this retard for a bit he asked to speak with the supervisor. "Sir I AM the supervisor and I am telling you you can not send that through the mail"...It took the poor boy 15 or so minutes to get this complete moron to understand that a bullet is not LOADED ammunition.

Forward to today...Another buddy of mine was in a clench and couldn't find his favorite bullet ANYWHERE online or at a brick and mortar. Had a couple hundred in the bin so I told him I'd send him 100 till he could find some. I think I ran into the exact same MORON at the PO down here!!! Maybe they transferred her after I logged a complaint with the post master. Took me almost 20 minutes (10 of which I was trying to be nice and personable,,the remaining 10, not so much) to get this individual to understand that a bullet is not LOADED ammunition!!! Told her the exact same thing my son told the other woman (if it indeed was another woman). The only way this package would be dangerous was if you dropped it on your damn toe!

Are people really that uneducated about firearms that they don't know the difference?? I know caseless ammunition has been tried for years but because of some serious issues with several parts of the designs it just hasn't took off yet...Still, are people just that blindly uneducated?
Yes they are uneducated that's the same problem with some of our dumb politicians total ignorance and they claim to be highly educated at those fancy expensive schools !
Old 03-04-2017, 05:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by edmehlig
I miss those packages! 😀
I may be able to remedy that soon. It's getting to be about time for my friendly roofer to be sending me a "get the lead out" text. He does that when his bin of old roof jacks gets full.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.