Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
New scope on the way..... >

New scope on the way.....

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

New scope on the way.....

Old 03-04-2017, 05:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Grouse45
.........Anybody can shoot thousands of shots threw a ML/Gun. But doing it correct and effectively with the right tools is another thing all together.
For some reason, you appear to believe everything is being done wrong. We get that. Now I know I'm not going to change your mind and it would be fruitless to even attempt to do so. We get that too.

Correct and effectively is being done, has been done and will continue to be done.

However, because you appear to be adamant everything is being done incorrectly and ineffectively, also means you know exactly how to do it correct and effective, right? I would hope your next post provides YOUR step by step tutorial, including some fine close up photographs for instruction, that all can participate with and learn from the expert.
Old 03-04-2017, 09:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BarnesAddict
For some reason, you appear to believe everything is being done wrong. We get that. Now I know I'm not going to change your mind and it would be fruitless to even attempt to do so. We get that too.

Correct and effectively is being done, has been done and will continue to be done.

However, because you appear to be adamant everything is being done incorrectly and ineffectively, also means you know exactly how to do it correct and effective, right? I would hope your next post provides YOUR step by step tutorial, including some fine close up photographs for instruction, that all can participate with and learn from the expert.
I have given you plenty of information to stop breaking so many scopes. What you choose to do with it is totally up to you. And by the way you talk, it's just not big deal.
Old 03-07-2017, 06:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here's what the big brown truck delivered today

Old 03-07-2017, 07:36 PM
Fork Horn

Nice looking scope. If it makes ya happy who cares about anything else.
Old 03-07-2017, 08:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Barnes, slide that scope back about 1/16th or you are going to have some problems after a few heavy loaded shots. Take a look at the pic you have up here and you will immediately see what I am referring to. If that's how you had your Leupys mounted, then I now know what happened.
Old 03-08-2017, 02:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
Barnes, slide that scope back about 1/16th or you are going to have some problems after a few heavy loaded shots. Take a look at the pic you have up here and you will immediately see what I am referring to. If that's how you had your Leupys mounted, then I now know what happened.
Yes, its just setting on there. I just put the ring tops on it for the photo. I may have to move the rear ring forward before securing it. The scope has a full 4" of eye relief and much more than the VX6.
It'll most likely be a week before I can mount and secure the scope, as I have an estate to help settle, a priority.

VX6 mount......

Last edited by BarnesAddict; 03-08-2017 at 02:40 AM.
Old 03-08-2017, 05:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Looks really good, but mounted to high off the barrel for my liking.
Old 03-12-2017, 08:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Break in estate work and NEEDED it badly too.

Verified ring alignment..................... absolute perfect!
Rings lapped and cleaned................. complete.
Leveled the mount then the scope..... complete.
Rings secured to 28ip....................... w/l-t (blue).

Scope mount complete
Old 03-16-2017, 10:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Finally! After getting chores completed, including giving Pepper a bath, I finally had a some time and a good day to zero the new Nightforce scope. The next few days don't look so good.
I played with 3 different targets, the first to get the POI close. The second to learn how to shoot again and the third, trying to settle down a little after setting the zero stop. NICE OUTFIT!
I sent 5 rounds at a new target. Talk about lucky! I put the last 3 round through the same hole! No excuse for the first two rounds.....
Note: Rear bag used....

Old 03-16-2017, 01:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

Really nice shooting!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.