Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

new cva

Old 05-28-2017, 10:22 AM
Banned

give cva a call. Im not falling into your tactical troll tactics
Old 05-28-2017, 10:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by hunters_life
Well, from hearing the old man rail against CVA for years and after doing about 10 minutes of online research, I have come to the conclusion that Spain won't allow them to sell the cheap crap barrels there. Only export. Spain requires proof testing that CVA doesn't do enough of. You would think with all the safety hoops companies here have to jump through, that imported barrels would have to jump through the same hoops. Sadly that is not a fact. Even though CVA stamps all their barrels as proofed, only a small percentage are actually proof tested. As to the question of Knight or Thompson Center dealers in Spain, can you show me a dealer in most any European country that deals in American made firearms? I would guess very few, if any, exist. European militaries may flock to us because our military rifles tend to be top notch. But as far as hunting firearms, it is really hard to beat European quality made firearms. Most all of our actions are based on European designs.
Look at the link i posted for the Ardesa, They sell Remington rifles. USA made centerfires are not uncommon at all in Europe.

All rifles sold in the "Euro" union must comply with CIP regulations or higher. That includes MLs. If they dont they can only be built and sold for export to non CIP regulated countries.

Last edited by Gm54-120; 05-28-2017 at 10:26 AM.
Old 05-28-2017, 10:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
give cva a call. Im not falling into your tactical troll tactics
I did better and went straight to Bergara/Dikar and i only got silence. So you cant or wont supply a link...its that simple.

I win.

You still can not prove this statement with even a simple link.
Bergara and their ML brands actually are available with fancy wood stocks and everything.

Last edited by Gm54-120; 05-28-2017 at 10:32 AM.
Old 05-28-2017, 10:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Is that important?
Old 05-28-2017, 11:02 AM
Typical Buck

After reviewing the forum rules I fail to see where I broke any. Muley Hunter, would you be so kind as to show me which rule I broke? I only stated the truth which GM54-120 clarified even further with the CIP regulations which was my point. You have to admit, if a country wont allow the sales in their own country, it's a bit telling of the quality, or lack thereof, wouldn't you think? Common sense dictates that you should at least look at the company closer and with a lot of skepticism. I mean you are basically holding an open ended bomb next to your head. I may think my head is a little big, that doesn't in any way mean I would want to blow part of it off due to cheap materials.
Old 05-28-2017, 11:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

Gentlemen (and others) lets not get into a pi$$ing contest over this. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and we can leave it at that before someone says something that will likely get them banned.
As for my opinion for what its worth I have no problems with CVA or their CS. I haven't have any problems at all with mine. My Accura is probably more accurate than I can shoot it and so far everything I shot with it was not able to complain.
I did call their CS because the small O-ring on my Accura's firing pin bushing got buggered up I guess when I reassembled it an wasn't paying attention. I asked for a shim kit but none were available. The man asked for my address and sent me about 10 O-rings free of charge and told me the shim kits would be in stock in about a month. I called again and whoever I spoke to looked up my address and sent me a shim kit - again free of charge.
He told me the reason the shim kits were made up is that early in production some of the receiver's firing pin bushings were mill out a few thousands too deep causing the face of the bushing to be below the face of the receiver. He cautioned me that the shims were not to be used to press fit the primer in the BP and only so the bushing was flush with the receiver face.
Old 05-28-2017, 11:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by hunters_life
After reviewing the forum rules I fail to see where I broke any. Muley Hunter, would you be so kind as to show me which rule I broke? I only stated the truth which GM54-120 clarified even further with the CIP regulations which was my point. You have to admit, if a country wont allow the sales in their own country, it's a bit telling of the quality, or lack thereof, wouldn't you think? Common sense dictates that you should at least look at the company closer and with a lot of skepticism. I mean you are basically holding an open ended bomb next to your head. I may think my head is a little big, that doesn't in any way mean I would want to blow part of it off due to cheap materials.
I don't know the reason why CVA doesn't sell guns in Spain. I don't find it important enough to find out why. I never had a problem with any of the CVA's i've owned. (8) They were all accurate and trouble free.

As for the rule you couldn't find. It's brand bashing and not allowed here. Even if you think the bashing is accurate. Others may not.

Rule 16.

16. Brand Bashing and generally arguementative posts will not be tolerated. Legitimate posts regarding problems that you have experienced with a particular piece of equipment or service will be allowed. However, posts that are directly bashing a product or manufacturer are not allowed on HuntingNet.com. These forums and chat room are designed as a place for hunters to gather to exchange stories, advice, and meet other hunters from around the world – not to argue amongst ourselves or to talk down about any individual business or product. All posts of this nature will be removed and disciplinary action will be taken against their author.
Old 05-28-2017, 12:20 PM
Dominant Buck

After reading the comments, lets just say this topic is closed. Buy, sell and use the brand you are comfortable with. If others shoot something you don't like, no matter who sold it or where it came from, who cares.

If you feel you have a personal argument with a different forum member, then take that up in PM's with them. That way if they don't want to argue or consider the matter closed they have the right to block you, or ignore you.

But the back and fourth banter gets the forum and members no where. So its closed.
Old 05-28-2017, 12:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

I snuck in the back door.
Old 05-28-2017, 12:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
I snuck in the back door.
No you didnt.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.