Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

new cva

Old 02-05-2017, 05:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I too have had good experiences with CVA Customer Service but I have only contacted them a few times. They were courteous and helpful.
Old 02-05-2017, 05:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by 1874sharpsshooter
You are wrong there
I owned 4. Don't own any now and never will again. I think they suck and are crappy junk and my experience with customer service is the main reason I hate cvas

Who do you think is better? TC? Knight? You better not say yes to those two.
Old 02-05-2017, 06:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
Who do you think is better? TC? Knight? You better not say yes to those two.
Pete,
You know I like my MR. I just bought a 45-70 CVA scout to convert smokeless. I like the MR better then the Triumph to be honest. But that by know means, means the CVA is a better quality gun. CVA is not at the quality T/C and Knights are. But they have made tremendous progress no doubt.
Old 02-05-2017, 06:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm just talking about customer service Tom.
Old 02-05-2017, 09:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here's a question for you, Pete and Jenks, doesn't the fact that you have had to USE the customer service line for CVA so many times speak to the quality of the product itself? I've been a Marlin owner for over 50 years. Had to call customer service exactly once in those 50 years for an ejector spring gone bad (pre internet). Been a TC owner for over 25 years. Had to use their customer service exactly once for a broken hammer spur (and it was MY fault). Was a CVA owner for exactly 4 months, had to use their customer service line exactly 3 times!! Bad hammer spring, broken trigger mechanism, another bad hammer spring. Kinda speaks for itself there doesn't it?
Old 02-05-2017, 09:27 AM
Banned

excellent rifles! Some expect a $3000 rifle out of a $400 gun, and you know how that goes. Every single cva i've owned shot excellent and held up for years of my abuse. Can't get a much better gun IMO, unless you go custom and still shoot the same groups.
Old 02-05-2017, 10:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
Here's a question for you, Pete and Jenks, doesn't the fact that you have had to USE the customer service line for CVA so many times speak to the quality of the product itself? I've been a Marlin owner for over 50 years. Had to call customer service exactly once in those 50 years for an ejector spring gone bad (pre internet). Been a TC owner for over 25 years. Had to use their customer service exactly once for a broken hammer spur (and it was MY fault). Was a CVA owner for exactly 4 months, had to use their customer service line exactly 3 times!! Bad hammer spring, broken trigger mechanism, another bad hammer spring. Kinda speaks for itself there doesn't it?
Where in this thread did I mention using CVA CS? The truth is I only used it once. I had bought one of the early Accura MR's with the coating that flaked off. They took the gun back and sent me an MR with the Nitride treatment.

I've used TC's CS 3-4 times and never got satisfaction. To be fair it was after S&W owned them. Knight was a joke when I tried to use them. After trying 6-7 times I only got through once and the woman who answered the phone was clueless.

It doesn't matter how many times you have to use a CS. You want satisfaction even if it's only once. I've called CVA many times to answer questions I had. Not a problem, but a curiosity question. I always got through right away and they answered the question politely.

You may think CVA has problems, but CS isn't one of them.
Old 02-05-2017, 11:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

The best customer service to me was T/C. I honestly never needed to use Knights customer service. I've never used CVA'S yet either. I'm talking anything important!!
Old 02-05-2017, 11:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

TC was the best when TC owned it. Maybe they've gotten better lately, but they were bad when S&W took over.

Just like Marlin was when Remington took over. They're not bad now.
Old 02-05-2017, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, TC's CS was horrendous right after the takeover from what I have heard. And their products suffered for a bit as well. For a good while it was dang near a crap shoot whether or not you got a decent shooting barrel. From all I have seen though, they finally righted the ship and people are starting to get the old quality they always got from TC in the years past. Pretty much the identical story with Marlin as well. Though their reasons for quality drop was because of old worn out machinery and tooling and quality was suffering even before the takeover.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.