Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
I just can't justify the Knight 500 for price or anything!! >

I just can't justify the Knight 500 for price or anything!!

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

I just can't justify the Knight 500 for price or anything!!

Old 01-29-2017, 05:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default I just can't justify the Knight 500 for price or anything!!

I had one of these for a few months. And my first conclusion was to put it up against a 45 Knight Super Disc. And I gotta tell you, the Super Disc won very easily with sabots. The down sides to the 500 is the breech plug. Knight really misses the boat on this one. The 500 is offered with a RPJ plug. This gun should of been a bare primer breech plug head spaced perfectly to achieve optimal accuracy on the bench. And for everything I can see, it's a target shooting gun. And for $1900.00 no reason it couldn't be set up properly.

Most people don't know, but you could go to your local store and buy a Remington 700 for less then $600.00 and have a Brux or a barrel of choice put on it with a smokeless capable breech plug ready to go for way less then $1900.00. Not sure what Knight was thinking but, they really dropped the ball on this one.

I've said it many times, all they need to do is make a 45 Ultralite and eliminate the long stem plug and make the plug out of 17/4 with a removable ventliner. Then make sure every one is head spaced properly and start making guns cause they will sell a lot of them. And they could get $1200.00 all day long. But they obviously don't have anyone for development to make this happen!!! Maybe some day, will see!!!

I should mention I know this gun is intended to shoot conicals. But you can also shoot conicals out of the 1/20 super disc as well. But for a bench gun ecspecialy long range conicals are a poor choice for consistent accuracy. You just can't beat a good 45cal Sabotless bullet. Less drop, less time in the air, and more aerodynamic. But again, nobody at Knight would understand this.

Last edited by Grouse45; 01-29-2017 at 06:22 PM.
Old 01-30-2017, 04:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

Well that was a nice vent! Did you talk to Knight about this? I like shooting BP but IMO there isn't a new ML out there worth $1900.
Of course I also feel there isn't a compound bow out there worth more than $500 but you have some going for over $1000 now!
Old 01-30-2017, 05:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

$1900 is nuts. At that price it should include all the ignition options and a stock like a Manners or McMillian. The stock they are using looks like a Boyds that cost well under $300 with all the bells and whistles added.

Stock is $213 at Boyds with a Limbsaver and adjustable comb https://www.boydsgunstocks.com/image...15750938687088

You don't even get an Ultimate Range Rod with it.

https://www.knightrifles.com/product...-muzzleloader/
INCLUDED WITH EVERY KNIGHT 500

HARRIS BIPOD Quick, detachable and clamp to the sling swivel. Adjustable legs extend from 6” to 9”.
BULLETS – 50 count of 530 GR. Lead Bullets.
SCOPE RAIL – 20 MOA Scope Rail
RANGE ROD – .45 cal. Range Rod
RIFLE CASE – Custom Knight 500 Carrying Case by BEST IN CASE
Sorry but at that price i can easily get a Rem700 SS single shot action for around $400 and a RemAge Brux barrel for about $800 and tons of cash left over for a top shelf stock. Plus using a RemAge barrel i could do all the work myself instead of paying a smith to build it.

Last edited by Gm54-120; 01-30-2017 at 05:49 AM.
Old 01-30-2017, 06:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
Well that was a nice vent! Did you talk to Knight about this? I like shooting BP but IMO there isn't a new ML out there worth $1900.
Of course I also feel there isn't a compound bow out there worth more than $500 but you have some going for over $1000 now!
No I didn't talk to Knight at all. Lookin to get a new Bow this summer if my back is better. I've been using a crossbow and you are at a huge disadvantage using them that's for sure. Can't wait to start using a vertical bow again.
Old 01-30-2017, 08:09 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
I totally agree!!
Old 01-30-2017, 08:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Looks to me like someone over at Knight lost some marbles! $1900 for a smokepole that aint even smokeless rated better grow some damn legs and go hunting FOR ME! As was already said, I could build something better CHEAPER! And cheaper by a long shot!! They are getting a little too big for their britches over there. Kinda like TC nowadays.
Old 01-30-2017, 08:31 AM
Banned

but its got a tactical stock. That alone will make it shoot better and cost more Typical over priced knight as usual.
Old 01-30-2017, 08:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
Looks to me like someone over at Knight lost some marbles! $1900 for a smokepole that aint even smokeless rated better grow some damn legs and go hunting FOR ME! As was already said, I could build something better CHEAPER! And cheaper by a long shot!! They are getting a little too big for their britches over there. Kinda like TC nowadays.
I don't have a problem with the idea, just wish it was done right. And the price is just stupid!! And really not justifiable at all.
Old 01-30-2017, 08:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
Typical over priced knight as usual.
I gotta agree, the only Knight priced right is the Ultralite. The rest are to high for sure. The Vision right now is $399.00 on sale. That's a good price to me, but it ends soon.
Old 01-30-2017, 10:35 AM
Fork Horn

Unless Knight makes some changes, the present ownership will be gone in a couple years. Either a buyout is coming from a centerfire manufacturer, or they will just board up the windows and disconnect the phone, gas and electricity and call it a business failure.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.