HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   The T/C Strike get the job. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/409302-t-c-strike-get-job.html)

Grouse45 10-08-2016 09:46 AM

The T/C Strike get the job.

As of now, this will be the weapon of choice in PA and Ohio this year. I'm not a big fan of this ML but it's really well built and clean.

As you can see in the pictures below, the primers are very clean and the gun virtually has no blow back at all. This is what I look for in today's modern muzzleloaders. I used CCI, Winchester, and federal with no issues at all. The accuracy is excellent and she's ready to go.

bronko22000 10-08-2016 12:30 PM

To each their own I guess. That design does not appeal to my eye. I prefer the Impact or the Triumph (Except for that protruding lever). But I hope you do well with it.

Grouse45 10-08-2016 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by bronko22000 (Post 4275869)
To each their own I guess. That design does not appeal to my eye. I prefer the Impact or the Triumph (Except for that protruding lever). But I hope you do well with it.

I agree only a mother could love. But it has a superior ignition system. It's very clean and reliable. I don't really like how it's balanced but that's a mute point. That's why I shoot and get used to whatever I'm going to be using. MountainDevil was correct about the flame channel adapter. It's almost impossible to take out by hand when shot a lot. But it's a simple task to take the ramrod and drop it down the barrel and it pops out. No breech plug threads to clean or anything. It's the best ignition system I've ever used all things considered.

reb1 10-08-2016 10:32 PM

It's a solid ml

falcon 10-09-2016 06:00 AM

Scoped and sighted in several Redemption/TC Strike rifles for others. Properly scoping that rifle is problematic because of the location of the safety.

Every one of the guns i handled had play (side shake) in the action.

Grouse45 10-09-2016 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by falcon (Post 4275945)
Scoped and sighted in several Redemption/TC Strike rifles for others. Properly scoping that rifle is problematic because of the location of the safety.

Every one of the guns i handled had play (side shake) in the action.

Yes, I took the Redfield off and put on a Nikon Omega for that reason. Muley had a T/C Impact with the movement your talking about. I sent it to T/C and they replaced and paid shipping both ways since it was never shot. All break opens seem problematic to me with scope positions. I think that's why I prefer bolt guns. But I like to use different models so will see how it goes.

bronko22000 10-09-2016 07:03 AM

When I put the DNZ scope base I put on my Accura V2 I had to grind off a bit ot the rear of the base because the BP is slightly larger than the barrel. I installed a Leupold Ultimate Slam 2-7x scope on it. For my shooting that is a perfect combo.
But that big safety on that Strike doesn't look like it should pose a problem. At least not with the way Grouse has his scope mounted. Even with gloves.

Gm54-120 10-09-2016 08:14 AM

DNZ offers a mount that will help a tiny bit with scope placement on the Strike/LHRs. They offer one for typical eye relief and one for 4-5" relief scopes IIRC.