Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
I need to retract a statement >

I need to retract a statement

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

I need to retract a statement

Old 08-25-2016, 02:01 PM
Spike

Default I need to retract a statement

Greetings guys, thanks again for all your comments & suggestions re. my troubled high, hitting Mountaineer. Just so all you folks understand the whole story here, please read below statement.

I first realized my barrel had a problem about 2 years ago. At that time I contacted a woman from Knight who informed me that any issues I had w my Knight ML, were not likely their fault and just a bunch of crap no hunter/shooter ever wants to hear whom just spent $750 on the "best ML on the market". Last year, I contacted them again, and talked with a guy who insisted that if my barrel were defective, it was Green Mountain Barrel's problem and I had to deal with them directly.

So I hope you can see why I was / am ready to give up on my Mountaineer and Knight Rifles inc. all together and directed the "F" word to them.

Well, this morning the Production manager, Mr. Justin Perry from Knight Rifles contacted me. I was surprised to learn he had already read my post from yesterday voicing my frustration with Knight Rifles and their poor customer service & thus wanting to change to CVA or T/C arms.

Right off the bat Mr. Perry, was very courteous, and professional instead of defensive. He informed me that the folks I had likely spoken with in the past, were no longer working with Knight Inc. and he very much wanted to help me work through my problem and make me happy again w my Mountaineer. His thoughts on the problem are a possible 'burred or rough' spot inside the barrel, and said he would warranty & replace the barrel at no charge. He also mentioned he had seen this before in another Green Mountain barrel.
After my conversation with Mr. Perry, I am retracting any slander I directed towards Knight Rifles Inc.
I believe Knight Rifles sincerely wishes to maintain good customer service and at present IS, in fact standing behind their products.

I also own an original Gary Knight Wolverine .50 that is a stellar rifle. So to be honest, I really don't want to purchase an CVA or T/C rifle. I want my 4-yr. old Mountaineer to work well for me. It's a beautiful weapon with impressive features, and after that dreaded first shot, it shoots like a million bucks.

So stand by & I'll post a follow up when I get my Mountaineer sent back. Deer season starts on Sept. 27, and Elk about a month later. Cheers, Jim
Old 08-25-2016, 02:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

Good to hear.
Old 08-25-2016, 03:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm still seriously confused. I didn't comment on your other post because I have absolutely NO clue as to what your problem could be. My confusion stems from your precise description, it being 18" off first shot from a COLD barrel being fouled or not.

What Justin said may clear it up a bit in my brain but I'm still having a hard time figuring it out. Maybe with the heat expansion the burr doesn't effect it. Have you tried a hundred or so swipes down the barrel with some JB bore paste? That stuff works wonders!
Old 08-25-2016, 03:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

jimsmokepole I think the gentleman you are referring to is Tony Knight not Gary. I am really glad you are getting some assistance with your rifle.
Old 08-25-2016, 03:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

I am glad you are getting some help and service from the manufacturer. However, so log as what you posted is true, you committed no slander, the truth is an absolute defense to the accusation of slander.
Old 08-25-2016, 05:34 PM
Fork Horn

Knight has always done good for me. and good to here for you to. so good shooting my friend.
Old 08-25-2016, 05:48 PM
Typical Buck

Good to hear you got someone helpful on the phone. Hopefully they'll get the problem fixed.
Old 08-25-2016, 06:03 PM
Spike

Just glad they have customer service.. Wasn't long ago that they had an on/off season for customer service.
You're 1st shot dilemma is certainly puzzling.
Old 08-25-2016, 06:12 PM
Banned

Now if you get it back before hunting season.
Old 08-25-2016, 06:26 PM
Super Moderator

Interested to hear how it shoots when it comes back.
-Jake

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.