Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Accura at the range for hunting season... >

Accura at the range for hunting season...

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Accura at the range for hunting season...

Old 08-21-2016, 12:33 PM
Banned

Competitions normally run aftermarket barrels. Thats what it seems like on facebook site anyway.

I surely don't see 100% stock rifles shooting them but if they do, they are normally at the bottom lol.

I don't shoot competition, I shoot for meat and for thrill.

Ditch them scopes and get you a sidelock if you want the right to brag IMO. Those rifles sort out the real shooters with skills.
Old 08-21-2016, 01:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
Competitions normally run aftermarket barrels. Thats what it seems like on facebook site anyway.
I surely don't see 100% stock rifles shooting them but if they do, they are normally at the bottom lol.
I don't shoot competition, I shoot for meat and for thrill.
Ditch them scopes and get you a sidelock if you want the right to brag IMO. Those rifles sort out the real shooters with skills.
Ok, if that's what you believe. There's a lot of completely stock rifles shooting but, look for all CVA at the bottom of any list. Its just fact, they can't shoot, that's why they're never represented. If a target shooter can't/won't shoot them, why should a hunter? Tell that to the boys you deal with at CVA, then see what they actually do,,, not say.
I don't believe anyone posting has been bragging. Now you're trying to turn it around.. again I see you didn't comment about the worst bullet for failure ever posted on the internet. Its all over the place....... powerjunk makes good fishing sinkers. I wouldn't even give them away to someone I didn't like.
Old 08-21-2016, 02:09 PM
Banned

LOL what ever makes you feel better about yourself hun.
Old 08-21-2016, 02:14 PM
Fork Horn

Guys, by all means shoot what gun and bullet you like. If you will think back, my original post was about getting my gun ready for hunting season. Not about whether PowerBelt bullets or CVA for that matter is your personal choice. I'm in no way advertising for any company...

About ten years ago I was in Wal-Mart looking at the muzzleloading section,,, A guy walked up and we started talking about bullets and powder... he said I really like these for muzzleloader season,,, and pointed to a package of 295 Powerbelts. I said... I don't know about those,,, he then pulled out a perfectly mushroomed Powerbelt from his pocket and said... he never took a step. Hard to argue with those results from a real deer hunter.
Old 08-21-2016, 02:16 PM
Banned

yup.

Just wait till I post what I'll be hunting bear with. hooweee! Its gonna be a mad house.

I really hope you do seriously try those 250s. Internal damage makes you take a step back and look down sideways LOL.
Old 08-21-2016, 02:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I already know what you SAID you were going to use, and I told you you may want to step up to your .54 if you are going to use PRB. I told you that for YOUR OWN SAFETY since you are going after an animal that can rip you limb from limb! CAN a .50cal PRB placed well take a Black Bear? Sure it can, hell many were harvested with little .32cal PRB's! SHOULD you go after one with a .50 with a PRB? Having taken many Blackies with several different platforms I can assure you that you are pushing your luck a tad bit MD if you meet up with some of the bruisers I have seen in your neck of the woods! Bravery and stupidity go hand in hand.
Old 08-21-2016, 02:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

Oh my goodness... You boys better quit your bickering or I'm gonna have to put you all in time out!
But while we're on the subject of PBs let me tell you this. I used them one year prior to using saboted bullets. I shot them out of my T/C Hawken flintlock in PA's late season. The PB I used was a 245 gr HP and the charge was 100 gr of FFFg Goex. I was positioned on a strip mine bank and by friend pushed a very large doe into me. She came through the brush and stopped below me at about 20 yards and the PB slammed her about center lungs. It was a complete pass thru, blood all over and she went about 60-75 yards. That big old doe dressed out at just a tad over 160 lbs.
I was happy with the performance.
But since then I've read too many horror stories about them that I am reluctant to use them again. But my friend plans on using 295 grainers on our NC hog/deer hunt in Oct. I'll try and take pics of his kills (if he finds them)..lol
Old 08-21-2016, 03:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by flint head
l.......... I'm in no way advertising for any company...,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.......

signature?

Old 08-21-2016, 05:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
I'd never take a shoulder shot on an elk with any bullet, centerfire or muzzle loader. Way to much valuable meat on an elk.
Then you are a much better and accurate shot than me. Under hunting situations, the reality is that things go wrong, animals move. Very seldom do you really get that standing ideal broadside shot from a benchrest. For those shots that aren't perfect, I want something with a better punch and follow through.

Example, on the cow I shot that the bullet hit the top of the elbow bone, for the steep angle up, the placement of the bullet was perfect to take out her heart at the angle presented. But either I flinched or she moved her leg back a bit, and because of my bullet choice, she went down within 30 yards.
Old 08-21-2016, 05:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Flint, glad you have had good luck with this bullet. However, if you ever decide to go elk hunting, I hope you give it some serious thought about bullet choice before you head to the mountains.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.