Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Break Open - What Happened to the Omega? >

Break Open - What Happened to the Omega?

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Break Open - What Happened to the Omega?

Old 01-22-2016, 02:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Grouse45
Exactly......
correct!!!!
Old 01-22-2016, 03:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sabotloader
that could have very well been your stock shifting on the barrel... that was a real problem with their composit stocks. the wood stoks were some what better
I've noticed with the stock fit on the present (composite) one that will be an issue to watch. Your mention of the wood stock is well received. I've got good plans for this one and think it will be a keeper once any weak links are dealt with.
Old 01-22-2016, 03:11 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by sabotloader
YES!!!! yet then they would require a FFL or would you do a Doc White did use a premium barrel but sell it as a ML rated rifle?
I may be missing something but what does the barrel being rated for smokeless have to do with a ffl?
Old 01-22-2016, 03:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by chaded
I may be missing something but what does the barrel being rated for smokeless have to do with a ffl?
If it is rated for smokeless powder then it wont be pushed through the "antique" clause in the ratings. Stupid I know but thems tha rules.
Old 01-22-2016, 03:31 PM
Typical Buck

My understanding for a ffl is that it has to do with the action, not the barrel. If the action can be used for a center fire gun then it requires an ffl. Never heard of the barrel having anything to do with it. Hence the reason why you need a ffl for an TC Encore frame even if you don't have a barrel. If you take the Remington 700ml (not the new ultimates) and put a smokeless rated barrel it still doesn't need a ffl.
Old 01-22-2016, 03:33 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
If it is rated for smokeless powder then it wont be pushed through the "antique" clause in the ratings. Stupid I know but thems tha rules.
Wrong!!...........
Old 01-22-2016, 03:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nothing that i know of . Encore barrels can be bought without ffl. Its the action that matters is what i thought .
Whole different can of beans there Chet. You have to get the FFL for the action on Encore style but not the barrels because the barrels don't work without the action. With what he was talking about, the whole rifle would be capable of smokeless use (like the Savage) and has to go through an FFL.
Old 01-22-2016, 03:36 PM
Typical Buck

Whole different can of beans there Chet. You have to get the FFL for the action on Encore style but not the barrels because the barrels don't work without the action. With what he was talking about, the whole rifle would be capable of smokeless use (like the Savage) and has to go through an FFL.
Wrong. Try again. The Savage MLII required no 4473.
Old 01-22-2016, 03:36 PM
Typical Buck

It would not have to go through an ffl.
Old 01-22-2016, 03:38 PM
1874sharpsshooter

I bought my savage and it needed no ffl .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.