Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Break Open - What Happened to the Omega? >

Break Open - What Happened to the Omega?

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Break Open - What Happened to the Omega?

Old 01-22-2016, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by 1874sharpsshooter
Make it strong enough that I can shoot 150 gr of Blackhorn pushing a sabotless bullet at 2500 fps if I want to .
They will all be smokeless rated when done. But built for BP subs. That's my idea anyway
Old 01-22-2016, 02:00 PM
1874sharpsshooter

Originally Posted by sabotloader
What weight of bullet? If it is a normal bullet probably not much of a problem...

That is why I said a 'good' barrel
Around 327 gr bullet

Old 01-22-2016, 02:06 PM
1874sharpsshooter

Originally Posted by Grouse45
They will all be smokeless rated when done. But built for BP subs. That's my idea anyway
So next shot show ...

Old 01-22-2016, 02:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

So next shot show ...
I sure hope they are done way before then.
Old 01-22-2016, 02:12 PM
1874sharpsshooter

I sure hope they are done way before then.
Let me know. I can start testing it anytime after next week

Old 01-22-2016, 02:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Let me know. I can start testing it anytime after next week
I sure hope you do a better job testing the gun then you did with the bullets I never heard or seen anything about.

But that's ok, Ron did enough for you
Old 01-22-2016, 02:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

One other thing I didn't/don't like about the older Omega is that the open sights are questionable. At least on the first one I owned. I was trying some Shockeys Gold which I use no longer. I had sighted in w/barnes 250 gr. MZ Expaders. Later, in Oct., I went back to the range to confirm my previous results and the temperature difference caused the same loads to shoot much higher than previously. So much so, that open sights wouldn't adjust it out to intended POI. I hope I don't run into that w/open sights again. I can correct for it but something like that shouldn't become an issue. I know one poster on this site mentioned the same exact problem and I have seen it in other previous reviews. I've read where the front sight has needed to be changed out because of this.
Old 01-22-2016, 02:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

YES!!!! yet then they would require a FFL or would you do a Doc White did use a premium barrel but sell it as a ML rated rifle?
Old 01-22-2016, 02:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Game Stalker
One other thing I didn't/don't like about the older Omega is that the open sights are questionable. At least on the first one I owned. I was trying some Shockeys Gold which I use no longer. I had sighted in w/barnes 250 gr. MZ Expaders. Later, in Oct., I went back to the range to confirm my previous results and the temperature difference caused the same loads to shoot much higher than previously. So much so, that open sights wouldn't adjust it out to intended POI. I hope I don't run into that w/open sights again. I can correct for it but something like that shouldn't become an issue. I know one poster on this site mentioned the same exact problem and I have seen it in other previous reviews. I've read where the front sight has needed to be changed out because of this.
that could have very well been your stock shifting on the barrel... that was a real problem with their composit stocks. the wood stoks were some what better
Old 01-22-2016, 02:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sabotloader
YES!!!! yet then they would require a FFL or would you do a Doc White did use a premium barrel but sell it as a ML rated rifle?
Exactly......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.