Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Why did you buy your current muzzle loader? >

Why did you buy your current muzzle loader?

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.
View Poll Results: I shoot my brand of muzzle loader because....
Because they are used in Shooting Competitions
0%
Because of Budget
10.71%
Because of Fit/Balance
10.71%
Non of the above - I will state my reasons why
78.57%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Why did you buy your current muzzle loader?

Old 01-12-2016, 12:32 PM
Fork Horn

I like the guns I have for now. but there's always tomorrow and a new gun at a new price. need to see a head doctor about this.

Last edited by a1smokepole; 01-12-2016 at 12:36 PM.
Old 01-12-2016, 01:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 1874sharpsshooter
Probably a leaky bladder is whats giving you that feeling 😀
I hear them depends itch once you go potty in them
Old 01-12-2016, 01:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Idaho made it's ML hunts round ball only for a couple years so I quit ML hunting. After that foolishness was over I decided that I was going to make a Far Speaker. Idaho opened the door for inlines and I wanted a rifle that not only competed with inlines but surpassed them in every way.
I bought a Green Mountain Barrel and found a donor TC stock. I added a Lyman peep so I could adjust the sight for the shot and a Globe front sight with a BPCR insert for extended range.
That was phase one. Phase two was to develop a conical bullet that was better than anything on the market. Both of those ideas were completed. Now all I have to do is sit back and enjoy the work I did years ago and shoot game. I have plenty other muzzleloader and a few of them inlines. But the Hot Rods were the start of something better in every way.
Old 01-12-2016, 01:37 PM
Fork Horn

I have recently bought a CVA Optima, and a Wolf. IMHO CVA is now at the head of the pack. Great, accurate muzzleloaders, at a reasonable price. I was for years a T/C guy. Still own many T/C's. In fact my favorite muzzleloader is a T/C Firehawk, which I bought new in the mid 1990's. However, since T/C has been sold ( I won't mention the acquiring company) quality, and service has gone down hill. Very happy with my CVA muzzleloaders !

Last edited by Landngroove; 01-12-2016 at 03:18 PM.
Old 01-12-2016, 02:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

i bought my cva v2/lr to send home and leave there for a muzzy to shoot when i go home to hunt.
Old 01-12-2016, 02:53 PM
Dominant Buck

I have a couple. One is a TC Green Mt Carbine in 54 that was my first. Nice gun with open sights and wood stock and I use it mostly now to target shoot with round balls and light charges for the grand kids. My in line is a TC Black Diamond 50 cal with a wood stock and a Nikon scope. Nice gun, inexpensive but the urge to get something a bit more modern with a removable breach plug is probably on the horizon. Then again that gun suits me well and has taken lots of deer. Most of my BP shooting is hunting or sighting in so it serves the purpose. I would like to get a flinter to mess around with on the range.
Old 01-12-2016, 03:23 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander
I have a couple. One is a TC Green Mt Carbine in 54 that was my first. Nice gun with open sights and wood stock and I use it mostly now to target shoot with round balls and light charges for the grand kids.
Green Mountain Carbine ? I have 2 T/C White Mountain Carbines. Great roundball shooters. Bought them back in the 1990's. Are yours modified T/C's with Green Mountain barrels ?

Last edited by Landngroove; 01-12-2016 at 03:25 PM.
Old 01-12-2016, 05:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought mine because Grouse said it was the best!
Old 01-12-2016, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by WV Hunter
I bought mine because Grouse said it was the best!
Omg, that was hilarious
Old 01-12-2016, 06:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Must not be a CVA.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.