Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Looking at breech plugs!! >

Looking at breech plugs!!

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Looking at breech plugs!!

Old 01-13-2016, 01:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
Ignore my previous posts, just found it. The old guy isn't getting senile after all. Heres the article. http://www.fieldandstream.com/blogs/...-muzzleloaders
This is a perfect example of what people are really looking for in todays world. What gun out of the four was clearly the best built based on these guys opinions? The Knight Vision easily. But they rated it last because of price and value. I would like to know what price they are using? The Vision in the sportsman guide I thought was $220.00 bucks. Yes, the CVA included scope and rings for $300.00, but price no way tells how good a ML is. Like I said before I even saw this, you cant go by anything these people right.
Old 01-13-2016, 01:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

This is somewhat misleading about the Optima V2 SS with a scope. The Wolf is around $300 scoped. The Optima V2 as pictured is around $390.

“What more could you want for only $300, with a scope?”
The Traditions G4 is also around $380-$395 as pictured. MSRP is $464

Not much of a complaint until you look at the price on the Impact and Vision. If you are going to use MSRP at least be consistent across the board. The Optima V2 SS without a scope has a MSRP of nearly $370. MSRP of a Optima V2 blued with a scope is around $419 and $480 in SS with the Konus scope.

Last edited by Gm54-120; 01-13-2016 at 01:23 PM.
Old 01-13-2016, 01:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Gm54-120
This is somewhat misleading about the Optima V2 SS with a scope. The Wolf is around $300 scoped. The Optima V2 as pictured is around $390.

The Traditions G4 is also around $380-$395 as pictured.

Not much of a complaint until you look at the price on the Impact and Vision. If you are going to use MSRP at least be consistent across the board.
There review of the vision wasn't bad. The trigger does suck, and it has creep. Its an easy fix but bad out of the box.

The T/C Impact review doesn't seem close at all. The impact is pretty simple in all ways. Will see after this weekend.

As far as CVA and traditions, you cant argue. Cheap and a value, but not very good of a review to me.
Old 01-13-2016, 01:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don't really mind the review. What i do mind is how they imply they are so much cheaper by using MSRP for one brand but not for another. This is not the first time ive seen F&S use this tactic in reviews.

Last edited by Gm54-120; 01-13-2016 at 01:32 PM.
Old 01-13-2016, 02:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Grouse45
There review of the vision wasn't bad. The trigger does suck, and it has creep. Its an easy fix but bad out of the box.

The T/C Impact review doesn't seem close at all. The impact is pretty simple in all ways. Will see after this weekend.

As far as CVA and traditions, you cant argue. Cheap and a value, but not very good of a review to me.
You have pretty strong opinions for not doing your test yet.
Old 01-13-2016, 02:42 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
X10 on this one
Old 01-13-2016, 02:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

wonder if this has any bearing on anything in this topic..

I drive Fords - certainly not cheapest vehicle on the market but, not near as expensive as a Cadillac or Lincoln!

Why is it the Ford is less expensive?
Old 01-13-2016, 02:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sabotloader
wonder if this has any bearing on anything in this topic..

I drive Fords - certainly not cheapest vehicle on the market but, not near as expensive as a Cadillac or Lincoln!

Why is it the Ford is less expensive?
Less detail, more focus on efficiency. Lincolns are geared more for luxury and therefor have finer details toward comfort and beauty which of course cost more to produce.

Translate that to MLers and you have the finer details trimmed down to just the basics and not a whole hell of a lot geared toward fineness. You end up with functional, low cost MLers that of course could be improved on in probably every way but then they would cost more. Plain and simple economics.
Old 01-13-2016, 03:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
Originally Posted by CVADAVE
X10 on this one
As soon as I saw this thread I knew the test was going to be bias anyway. I looked at the Impact before I got my CVA and to me there was no contest. The CVA felt better and looked better IMO. And I can't complain about the accuracy nor the trigger.
Old 01-13-2016, 03:07 PM
Fork Horn

My most accurate ML at 100 yards was a CVA. I paid 39.95 for it brand new at a Bass Pro closeout. Sold it to a buddy for $45 about seven years later.

The only ML manufacturer I'd abstain from purchasing again is Traditions. Too many hang/misfires and very poor warranty coverage with them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.