Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Are they a better gun??? >

Are they a better gun???

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Are they a better gun???

Old 01-07-2016, 05:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Are they a better gun???

Well we are gonna find out!!! CVA makes a pretty bold statement when they claim they are just a better gun. No better way then to find out, then to put them all together. I bought a used T/C Impact for the test. I got a CVA MR sent to me, and also a T/C Strike. I'm also going to include the Knight Vision. I had Plans to include the Triumph but it seems that would be unfair right now. The Triumph and Encores seem to be superior so far in the break open ML world.

This weekend will probably be my last weekend for big game hunting. At least for Bucks for sure. So the testing will hopefully take place next weekend. So far the MR seems like the best feeling for me. But the breech plug is rediculous for a QR breech plug. I could take a bolt out of a Knight and unscrew it faster. I'm being a little sarcastic but the breech plug is the pits. The T/C QRB plug is Far superior in all aspects.

The Strike seems really cool, can't wait to shoot it. Out of all three ML'S right now the T/C Impact impresses me the most. What a ML for $200.00 plus dollars. This obviously could change in the testing but pretty cool so far.

I also like the MR way better then the original Accura I had. But of course that's just personal preference.

Of all four of the muzzleloaders being tested I wouldn't mind knowing any down sides to any of them I can look for while testing. And please, I don't care what your neighbor thinks either. If you didn't own it, don't knock it.

I will not exceed 110grns of powder by volume in any of the ML'S. I also probably won't exceed a 250grn bullet. I might change my mind and also test 300grn bullets but I'll probably drop the powder, but we will see.

Old 01-07-2016, 05:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Are the Impacts a 1 in 32 inch twist or am I imagining that?
Old 01-07-2016, 05:10 PM
Dominant Buck

This should be a pretty cool thread...thanks Grouse. I hope it is done and viewed/ commented on in an impartial and non agenda way. I certainly will be reading this as it develops possibly to gain information on a future ML. I understand there are going to be pros and cons to anything tested. Hopefully everyone will be able to make some contributions to the thread and provide some anecdotal evidence either way to the subject matter. Please follow the rules......Thanks
Old 01-07-2016, 05:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lemmi know exactly how that Impact performs Grouse. My daughter has made the decision to get one over buying a used Omega since she can get a brand new, well rated, Impact for pretty much less than a used Omega. I haven't laid hands on one yet to get a good close gander at it and I know no one around here with one to give a test run myself.
Old 01-07-2016, 05:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by flounder33
They are supposed to be 1:28
Old 01-07-2016, 05:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by flounder33
Good question, I thought it was 1/28 but I'll check!
Old 01-07-2016, 05:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
Lemmi know exactly how that Impact performs Grouse. My daughter has made the decision to get one over buying a used Omega since she can get a brand new, well rated, Impact for pretty much less than a used Omega. I haven't laid hands on one yet to get a good close gander at it and I know no one around here with one to give a test run myself.
Tell her to hold up. lets see how the testing goes!!

Last edited by Grouse45; 01-07-2016 at 09:30 PM.
Old 01-07-2016, 05:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sending you a PM

Last edited by super_hunt54; 01-08-2016 at 08:09 AM.
Old 01-07-2016, 05:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

I wish you had used the Triumph if you think it's the best break action.

Are you planning to use conicals too?
Old 01-07-2016, 05:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter

Are you planning to use conicals too?
I wasn't, but I guess I'll check to see how the QLA'S are on the T/C'S. You got any Conicals you don't need? I'll pay you to ship me some for testing. I know I don't have any.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.