Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Are they a better gun???

Old 01-11-2016, 09:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ronlaughlin

The photo shows our new, and better technique for testing bullets. It eliminates the need for powder, primer, sabot, carpet, plywood, and water jugs. This new technique will save us lots of time and money.

One only needs to put the bullet in the barrel a tad, and see how it goes. This particular bullet did very very well, and the test was an unequivocal success!
I like that dog by the fire place. The hat is ok to.
Old 01-11-2016, 01:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
Mike.......Isn't it quick release compared to using a wrench? Who carries a wrench when hunting?

They didn't say it was the fastest to remove BP on the market.
Why would you ever need to take a plug out hunting anyway? If you had to remove the plug go back to camp and get it done. And actually I do carry a bp tool in my back pack - never used it but it is there.

You of all people set on side hammers - you gonna take the BP out of one them.
Old 01-11-2016, 02:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

No, but one time I tripped and stuffed the barrel in the mud. It was a sidelock of course and I had to go home to fix it.

Had it been an inline I could have removed the BP on the spot and fixed it. You could also dry ball a quick second shot under pressure. Double load?

I travel light, and wouldn't bring a wrench if I hunted with an inline.

So, let's forget all that, and say you'd never need to take out the BP for a hunt. Why does it have to come out fast?
Old 01-11-2016, 03:13 PM
Typical Buck

I don,t think fast is really the correct term to use Muley.But think it should be convenient.
Old 01-11-2016, 03:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
So, let's forget all that, and say you'd never need to take out the BP for a hunt. Why does it have to come out fast?
It doesn't I have already said that, but the CVA plug, IMO, should have never been called a QR plug - they just grabbed a term that was already being used by another company in hopes that people would react positive to a "Quick Release" plug in a CVA.

So speed never was the consideration it was the mis-use of the term in my mind...
Old 01-11-2016, 05:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Somebodies private messages are full.
Old 01-11-2016, 05:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Game Stalker
Somebodies private messages are full.
I know, I deleted some now.
Old 01-11-2016, 09:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by sabotloader
It doesn't I have already said that, but the CVA plug, IMO, should have never been called a QR plug - they just grabbed a term that was already being used by another company in hopes that people would react positive to a "Quick Release" plug in a CVA.

So speed never was the consideration it was the mis-use of the term in my mind...
Yeah, it's not fast. TC invented that word and we know CVA stole everything from TC.

What was I thinking?
Old 01-11-2016, 10:53 PM
Banned

After reading this, its my opinion you should go slow and actually take the time to learn each rifle and work with them often before opening your "mouth".

Over the years ive said that I like this and that and had to take some of that back due to things happening down the road that had a negative affect on me. Blackhorn209 solvent was a big one. RCBS chronograph was another huge mistake i learned my lesson on THREE times.

One must learn to actually slow down and give a true honest review with the good and bad.

But at the end of the day, I'll take that $180 ( at the time) Wolf of mine and out shoot those $900 knights
Old 01-11-2016, 11:05 PM
1874sharpsshooter

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54

But at the end of the day, I'll take that $180 ( at the time) Wolf of mine and out shoot those $900 knights
Thats a challenge i would like to accept . All we need to do is work out the details on where and how .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.