Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Are they a better gun??? >

Are they a better gun???

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Are they a better gun???

Old 01-11-2016, 04:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Grouse45
Ron,
The MR doesn't have a QRB. It has a tool less plug. That's a false claim by CVA. My original Accura plug did not work like this one your right.
What does this have to do with your writing the TC plug, is far superior in all aspects, before you even ever shoot the CVA plug?? You cannot know the TC plug is superior to the CVA plug, if you have never ever shot the CVA plug.

By way, CVA owns the trademark 'ORBP'.

Me, i like neither plug. However, it has been my experience, in real life shooting, the CVA 'tool less' plug has some advantages over the TC 'tool less' plug. I won't mention my findings here, so for not to taint the results of your testing. Keep up the good work.
Old 01-11-2016, 06:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

I never saw so much whining about screwing out the BP on the CVA.

If you're going to shoot BH 209 clean the threads on the BP and the barrel to bone dry. No lube needed at all. It will spin off and on much easier.

Last edited by Muley Hunter; 01-11-2016 at 06:20 AM.
Old 01-11-2016, 06:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ronlaughlin
What does this have to do with your writing the TC plug, is far superior in all aspects, before you even ever shoot the CVA plug?? You cannot know the TC plug is superior to the CVA plug, if you have never ever shot the CVA plug.

By way, CVA owns the trademark 'ORBP'.

Me, i like neither plug. However, it has been my experience, in real life shooting, the CVA 'tool less' plug has some advantages over the TC 'tool less' plug. I won't mention my findings here, so for not to taint the results of your testing. Keep up the good work.
Ron,
I don't need to shoot a breech plug to know if its good or not. A T/C speed breech is in and out of the gun in less then 5 seconds. So when CVA claims they have a QRBP plug its a false statement. They have a tool less plug. This is not an opinion just a fact. CVA also makes a BH209 plug, so they are already telling you its no good for BH209 and want you to buy another plug to shoot BH209. So why not make a plug that's universal for pellets or BH209 powder?? Its very easy and saves the consumer time and money. And while CVA over the years has copied T/C on just about everything why not atleast include the BH209 plug like T/C does with the strike and gives you two options. Im for the consumer Ron, not the company.

As far as T/C'S speed breech ive owned many. Ive never had a problem with any of them. I know they are not 100% BH209 compatible. If you clean the plug and use hot primers you probably wont have problems. I don't like the odds so ill have mine drilled and tapped for a ventliner.

Ron,
Every company has issues. Im not sure how mant T/C guns you have owned with a speed breech, but they have been amazingly good and clean for me. No o rings or anything ever added on mine.

Anyone else looking at this thread own a T/C speed breech muzzleloader? How has it been for you? I cant see me being just lucky after owning atleast 6 of them.
Old 01-11-2016, 07:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Quick release = no tool needed. I didn't know it was a race to remove the BP.

Not hard to understand.

I see bias in the test before it starts if you're going to nit pick the speed of the BP removal.
Old 01-11-2016, 07:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter

I see bias in the test before it starts if you're going to nit pick the speed of the BP removal.
Ok, so quit posting then!! Everyone will see the difference between QRB and a tool less plug when im done.
Old 01-11-2016, 07:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Public forum. Everything needs two sides if the test seems flawed.
Old 01-11-2016, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
Public forum. Everything needs two sides if the test seems flawed.
Lol, They haven't really even started. Here's a link to learn about a QRB plug. Its explains how the goal is to be fast and without tools.

http://blog.cva.com/quick-release-br...muzzleloading/
Old 01-11-2016, 07:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't need to read a link. I've owned TC and CVA. Neither BP bothered me. I do know the CVA BP was much easier to remove than the Omega that needed a wrench. Knight too now that I think about it.

You shouldn't do this test in small steps. If it was me I wouldn't have even started this thread until all testing was done.

But you do like attention.
Old 01-11-2016, 07:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't need to shoot a breech plug to know if its good or not.
Yes you do!!
Old 01-11-2016, 08:18 AM
Typical Buck

I keep anti-seize on my Vortek,s BP and it is always a dream to remove by hand.It,s design has the O/Ring.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.