Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Are they a better gun??? >

Are they a better gun???

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Are they a better gun???

Old 01-09-2016, 05:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yes, it's common knowledge on forums. Info spreads fast whether it's right or wrong.

I've read it over and over with no shown proof.

It also has nothing to do with this test. Unless it's brought by grouse.
Old 01-09-2016, 05:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
Yes, it's common knowledge on forums. Info spreads fast whether it's right or wrong.

I've read it over and over with no shown proof.

It also has nothing to do with this test. Unless it's brought by grouse.
I won't post it here as it isn't the subject but, I'll send you a PM with VERY CLEAR photo of a blown Bergara barrel.
Old 01-09-2016, 05:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Got a couple requests, so the T/C Triumph has been added to the fun.
Old 01-10-2016, 06:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by BarnesAddict
I won't post it here as it isn't the subject but, I'll send you a PM with VERY CLEAR photo of a blown Bergara barrel.
Do you want to see pictures of TC and Knight barrels blown too. You need to do better than that. Explain the circumstances behind it blowing.

I was sent this, and it is on topic since Tom chose to put barrel strength as part of the testing.

"We've had multiple people from Germany that bought cva and had them sent to the proof house ( their laws) they all passed without a problem. Something like 10-20% over max load is what european laws ask for. Not to mention the special cva rifles that are sold in europe that all have to be tested."
Old 01-10-2016, 09:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
Do you want to see pictures of TC and Knight barrels blown too. You need to do better than that. Explain the circumstances behind it blowing.
I was sent this, and it is on topic since Tom chose to put barrel strength as part of the testing.
"We've had multiple people from Germany that bought cva and had them sent to the proof house ( their laws) they all passed without a problem. Something like 10-20% over max load is what european laws ask for. Not to mention the special cva rifles that are sold in europe that all have to be tested."
Muley......... You got a photo of a blown barrel, which you said you'd never seen before. Now you've seen it yet still continue to want to argue or debate it. Do it in a PM.

I have more respect for the OP than to argue with you about who did what. Now if the OP requests the photo be posted, then that's an entirely different request. As for how it blew up, you spend enough time searching and commenting, GOOGLE it.
Old 01-10-2016, 09:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

This the answer I gave you in a PM. I see no need to hide it.

When I said I never saw one. I meant in person. I don't even know anybody who's seen one in person when it was the barrels fault, and not user error.

Any barrel can be blown up if it's done on purpose, or by loading unsafely.

I want to see a Bergara barrel blown up when loaded with the proper load.
Old 01-10-2016, 09:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Just to show any barrel can blow up.

Savage.

Knight

Thompson Center...........Click on Youtube

Old 01-10-2016, 10:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wanna thank the person who sent these to me and for the kind words. I tell it the way it is, and I'm not gonna change that any time soon. Send me a PM and let me know who you are and I'll return the favor with some Lehigh bullets for you to try. I really appreciate this honestly, thanks again.

Nice little surprise when I got home today. Someone sent me some bullets for testing the Muzzleloader's and my BH209 plug came.

Old 01-10-2016, 10:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BarnesAddict
Muley......... You got a photo of a blown barrel, which you said you'd never seen before. Now you've seen it yet still continue to want to argue or debate it. Do it in a PM.

I have more respect for the OP than to argue with you about who did what. Now if the OP requests the photo be posted, then that's an entirely different request. As for how it blew up, you spend enough time searching and commenting, GOOGLE it.
I know all about CVA'S trust me. I wanna give the MR a fair test and I don't wanna think about it blowing up. I really believe the MR is safe with 110grns by volume of powder and a bullet not exceeding 300grns. I hope to learn more about this over the next couple weeks!!
Old 01-10-2016, 12:39 PM
Typical Buck

I,m disappointed no Traditions are in the test.I,m a rocklock shooter but own and enjoy a Trads Vortek .50 cal pistol.I personally don,t like shoulderin the Impact.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.