Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Are they a better gun??? >

Are they a better gun???

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Are they a better gun???

Old 01-12-2016, 06:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
How can I have hope for a fair test when you've nit picked the CVA and praised the rest of the guns and the test hasn't even started yet?

btw How is the hammer hard to work on the CVA when it comes with a hammer spur? Why not mention the Triumph that has no spur, and is hard to work with no scope. That's been mentioned in many reviews on the gun, but skipped by you.

This is so ridiculous. I hope everybody see's this for what it is.
The Triumph is worse out of the box then the MR for sure when it comes to the hammer. But you never let it get that far.
Old 01-12-2016, 07:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by 1874sharpsshooter
Thats a challenge i would like to accept . All we need to do is work out the details on where and how .
SShooter you have been down this road before with him - do you really expect anything different this time?
Old 01-12-2016, 07:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

LOL SShooter, you bring yer slingshot and I'll bring the TC. The kid wouldn't stand a chance
Old 01-12-2016, 07:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't see where any testing or reviews have been done yet...more like some off the cuff random postings of initial thoughts and findings. I'm not sure if the parameters of the test/comparison have even been established yet. ?

Grouse, I too would like to see all the guns remain and be compared equally and honestly. Would be good info for all of us I think.

The bottom line is, some folks are going to like what they like...regardless. You couldn't get them to change or think differently. Its no different here than with other things.

In my business I can show my clients how to get a tax free rate of return on their money of 4-5% long term - with no risk...that is proven and backed up in black and white. Yet some folks are so ingrained in their current though processes and beliefs on how to grow and protect their wealth, they aren't open minded to thinking outside of what they "know". Since they don't know how to do it, they can't understand how that could happen...so therefore it must not be true.

Its no different than here. We all have our favorites brands or guns based on what we know and have experience with. Doesn't mean there can't be other things that are good or maybe better. And just because I may not agree with or like the findings doesn't make them not true. This goes for me too, here and in the world outside Muzzleloading...I learn new stuff all the time that makes what I thought to be gospel, obsolete.
Old 01-12-2016, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by a1smokepole
I would like you to keep the CVA in the test and report just what you see on every gun you test and look at them all in the same way and pick them over the same. by the way this is your test and if someone what's to do there test they can buy all the guns and test them there self. just be fair and happy smoking.
When the Moderators get control of the board I will consider it. Look at all MountainDevils posts since last night. All he wants to do is talk about Knights and they have nothing to do with the topic. He doesn't know anything about CVA, he just supports it cause they used to give him free stuff. Then hes running around making challenges that he knows nothing about as well. He doesn't even know how a Wolf is right out of the box. Muleys complaining about Triumphs before I even get there.

Your on the other board as well. There are several posters over there complaining about Knights. In any of those posts do you see me supporting Knight? Do you see me bashing those people for stating there problems with Knight? Not at all, I try to help them but in the end its Knights problem on the newer guns.

Ill start the tests this weekend with the other ML'S. But CVA wont be included on this board sorry. Another thing ive realized so far is, Knight is way behind in break open technology. They need to get educated and start designing a good break open for there customers. I say this, and I by far prefer a bolt action ML.
Old 01-12-2016, 08:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have no dog in this fight. I just want to see a fair test. The results mean nothing to me. I'll never buy another inline.

Just do the test and post it. Stop the nit picking on hammers and breech lugs. Those items are part of the test.
Old 01-12-2016, 09:13 AM
Banned

I havent done anything with cva since last year lol. Theres nothing new to test and write about. From all Manufactures actually. I did some writing about my mosin, the new shop, lube and a couple posts to make sure you dont get off course which it seems you easily do.

Shallow breech plug threads? WAUGH!! Thats straight off of Wakemans website!

If you start preaching Wakemans stuff, I have a feeling that even some of your friends on here might look at you differently should you ever start that.

As I said. There are many errors in your comparison so far, but its much to early as you havent even started any reviews yet.
Old 01-12-2016, 10:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54

Shallow breech plug threads? WAUGH!! Thats straight off of Wakemans website!
That's good news, please supply a link I can see that. I haven't been on his sight in years, but obviously you have.
Old 01-12-2016, 10:25 AM
Banned

always gotta check it out! Its good for laughs and head scratching.
Old 01-12-2016, 10:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

I havent done anything with cva since last year lol
So about 13 days ago?
Its only 1/12/2016

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.