Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
CVA breech plug question >

CVA breech plug question

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

CVA breech plug question

Old 01-03-2016, 08:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

A properly made breech plug will shoot all powders and pellets!! Not an opinion, just simple facts.
Old 01-03-2016, 08:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
Ron.......No, it wasn't. Maybe it was being tested by guys like Toby, but it wasn't released to the public.
Yes, it was...... i purchased it before the QRBP was available. One of the surprises of my life is that CVA didn't correct a known issue of Blackhorn ignition using the old hex plug, when they came out with the QRBP.
Old 01-03-2016, 08:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Grouse45
A properly made breech plug will shoot all powders and pellets!! Not an opinion, just simple facts.
Life's a bitch, and then you die.
Old 01-03-2016, 09:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Life's a bitch, and then you die.
As long as you make the best of it so be it!!
Old 01-03-2016, 09:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by ronlaughlin
Yes, it was...... i purchased it before the QRBP was available. One of the surprises of my life is that CVA didn't correct a known issue of Blackhorn ignition using the old hex plug, when they came out with the QRBP.
BH 209 was available later in 2008, but it was hard to find and nobody knew much about it. CVA came out with the quick release BP in 2009. So, kind of the same time period. My point as the CVA BP was designed long before BH 209 was popular and available. As I said before BH was not accepted at first, and would hardly be something CVA would be changing a BP design for.

I know I already had a V2 before I ever heard of BH. I was a traditional shooter/hunter then, and bought the V2 out of curiosity. The minute I learned Bh was a detuned smokeless powder I lost interest in it when I did find out about it. Of course curiosity got the best of me, and I did finally decide to try it with the thought of just using the gun in rifle season. That never happened either, and i've never hunted with any muzzy except a sidelock. I did waste a lot of money playing with inlines though. Hopefully, that's over with for me now.
Old 01-03-2016, 09:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Grouse45
As long as you make the best of it so be it!!
I agree, but don't be surprised if you don't like a lot of it. Better to roll with a punch than being stubborn and get smacked square in the mug.

Muley wisdom.
Old 01-03-2016, 09:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree, but don't be surprised if you don't like a lot of it. Better to roll with a punch than being stubborn and get smacked square in the mug.

Muley wisdom.
It wouldn't be the first time, and I'm sure not the last.😉
Old 01-03-2016, 09:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

So the BH209 plug is not available from western powders. It says out of stock when ordering. Is it available any place else?
Old 01-03-2016, 09:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Carlos might have it. It will only come with the BP and drill though.
Old 01-03-2016, 10:15 AM
Fork Horn

Grouse if you need the wrench for the CVA QRBP I have one to send you just PM me. and the western plug is the best of the two.

Last edited by a1smokepole; 01-03-2016 at 10:23 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.