Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Well that did it...... >

Well that did it......

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Well that did it......

Old 12-29-2015, 02:00 PM
Banned

lol yeah ok, wide enough for 2 feet put close together side by side.
Old 12-29-2015, 02:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
We got a few inches of that wet crap here yesterday. Followed by "warmer" temps making it just a dang muddy mess. I would normally agree with the 10" being nothing to worry about but if he got 10" of the stuff we got I pity anyone having to deal with that. Especially if he didn't get the warmer temps..
Thanks. One person that understands Yes it was a full 10" measured in three different spots on the drive. Thank goodness that's blacktop.

An additional problem is, it won't even blow over about 8' and that was early this morning when it was colder out. Our landing area is huge and has two garages and 200' of driveway and this is the first snow of the season.
Old 12-29-2015, 02:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

My snow blower was bogging down clearing out my drive last night. Normally I just put the blade on the front of my truck but I saw how heavy that stuff was and knew better. Idda been fish tailing all over the place.
Old 12-29-2015, 02:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

I understand wet snow. I'm older than snow, and have seen it all. You just need some warmer weather. Wet snow melts fast.

Where do you live?
Old 12-29-2015, 03:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
I understand wet snow. I'm older than snow, and have seen it all. You just need some warmer weather. Wet snow melts fast.

Where do you live?
On the Tundra according to some. NELP MI.

Will drop to 20° tonight, 30° is tomorrow's high. Teens following for night time lows, highs in the 20's. Oh we're used to snow, it dumps on us off Lake Huron. This however is different.
Old 12-29-2015, 03:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
My snow blower was bogging down clearing out my drive last night. Normally I just put the blade on the front of my truck but I saw how heavy that stuff was and knew better. Idda been fish tailing all over the place.
I have one of the last true John Deere snowblowers, a 10hp that wouldn't hardly blow this stuff 8'. It took forever just to get it a single trip the length of the drive. Normally I get the Polaris 800 with the 60" blade and just push it off. It wouldn't even touch it. We had to blow most of it until I got a larger area open, thenl I could get 4 or 5" on the edge of the blade, move it and then blow it into the woods. I have 5' piles I can't push back now and this is the first snow of the year.
Old 12-29-2015, 03:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Would you like a little cheese with that wine.
10 inches of slushy snow sure beats water up to your rafters like some are dealing with.

Last edited by flounder33; 12-29-2015 at 04:02 PM.
Old 12-29-2015, 04:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Your ML needs a little break anyway!!
Old 12-29-2015, 04:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe its Karma for shooting quarter sized groups at 400yds. The deer god's don't want you in the woods or on the range.
Old 12-29-2015, 04:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by WV Hunter
Maybe its Karma for shooting quarter sized groups at 400yds. The deer god's don't want you in the woods or on the range.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.