Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Training an old dog >

Training an old dog

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Training an old dog

Old 12-25-2015, 08:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Grouse45
Where you live tracking is pretty easy. Where I live, tracking means some one else shoots my Deer. Anyone who hunts public land in PA will tell you the same thing in most cases.
So, move.
Old 12-25-2015, 03:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Grouse45
Where you live tracking is pretty easy. Where I live, tracking means some one else shoots my Deer. Anyone who hunts public land in PA will tell you the same thing in most cases.
Grouse - I hunt public land exclusively and all during archery and rifle season I didn't see another hunter except my partner. It will probably be the same come Muzzleloader season which starts tomorrow. But I won't be out as I will be on the road traveling up to PA from FL. I will be out come Monday morning though.
Old 12-25-2015, 03:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
Grouse - I hunt public land exclusively and all during archery and rifle season I didn't see another hunter except my partner. It will probably be the same come Muzzleloader season which starts tomorrow. But I won't be out as I will be on the road traveling up to PA from FL. I will be out come Monday morning though.
I wouldn't know what to do if I had woods to myself. I'm surprised you got any tags left.
Old 12-25-2015, 03:52 PM
Fork Horn

I agree that there is a ton of bp knowledge here and guys that love to share their experiences with different products. I do know I would love to hunt with Semi as he always can find humor in anything. The world needs a bunch more like him.
Old 12-25-2015, 05:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by deer655
.....I would love to hunt with Semi.....
UMM.....he is half nuts.....
Old 12-25-2015, 10:16 PM
Fork Horn

This thread brought to mind some of the new gimmicks I've tried back in the day. Comes to mind is Pyrodex and the Poly-Patch. Didn't take me long to figure out I didn't like either. Was trying out the Poly-Patch in a .58 that I had...was real easy to load, but accuracy really dwindled. Anyone else remember those patches...resembled a shot-cup?
Old 12-26-2015, 06:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

I saw them, but never had an urge to use one.