Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Coyote Encounters MonoFlex >

Coyote Encounters MonoFlex

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Coyote Encounters MonoFlex

Old 12-24-2015, 06:18 AM
JW
Super Moderator

There is a wolf season in WI and the quota is reached quite quickly and then the season is closed by the DNR. Both trapping and hunting. What that tells me when they close the season early - POPULATION is higher than they knew.
I lost good grouse habitat because of wolf depredation reports on dogs. Mainly bear hounds but there are some bird dogs in there too! I steer clear of those areas by 4 miles or more.
JW
Old 12-24-2015, 06:22 AM
Dominant Buck

The higher fees to hunt them in northern Ontario kept many from hunting and keeping them in check. Hunt there now and all you see are wolf tracks.
Old 12-24-2015, 06:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by JW
There is a wolf season in WI and the quota is reached quite quickly and then the season is closed by the DNR. Both trapping and hunting. What that tells me when they close the season early - POPULATION is higher than they knew.
I lost good grouse habitat because of wolf depredation reports on dogs. Mainly bear hounds but there are some bird dogs in there too! I steer clear of those areas by 4 miles or more.
JW
Not any more JW

Wolf hunting and trapping
Attention: A Federal court decision has relisted the gray wolf as an endangered species in the western Great Lakes region, including Wisconsin.
All wolf harvest zones are closed.
http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/hunt/wolf.html