HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   Got it back in time. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/403362-got-back-time.html)

BarnesAddict 12-21-2015 10:08 AM

Got it back in time.

The scope was returned from Leupold just two days before the muzz season started. Mounted it, shot on my 100yd range to zero it, then headed to the club's range for some long range tuning.

She tracked excellent.

Pulled off this 5-shot 400yd group. Shooting was from a front rest and rear bag. No lead sled!

Grouse45 12-21-2015 10:13 AM

Holes don't look good at all. Do you not put card board backing on your targets? Those holes show signs of tumbling, but I would assume just not backed properly. That's an amazing group, but I would like to see better holes. All the money you spend in bullets and powder, im sure you can find some card/chip board someplace!!:lmao::poke:

BarnesAddict 12-21-2015 10:19 AM

Very unfortunately........ the club doesn't spend much time updating their 600yd range. And, unfortunately the State Police and Sheriff's departments use it and shoot everything all to heck (polite word). They use very large rubber belts to staple to and they're litterly filled with staples. I'm lucky to get a target stapled on them.

However... you're right. I don't use cardboard and its also the type target I'm using causing the problems. Ain't no bullet tumbling grouping like that at that range.... :biggrin:

WV Hunter 12-21-2015 11:00 AM

I'd cut that thing loose... who could take a rifle like that into the woods? So unethical.
(Doesn't give the deer a chance!) :D

Great shooting, amazing actually! :hail::hail::hail:

I want to see the selfie of that GIANT GRIN you had when you saw that group. :s3:

Champlain Islander 12-21-2015 11:10 AM

Nice...I couldn't match that at 50 yds.

cayugad 12-21-2015 11:12 AM

Very good shooting with a muzzleloader there. I could never pull that kind of shooting off. Congratulation.

BarnesAddict 12-21-2015 11:18 AM

Thanks guys.

I've been working, well over the phone anyway, with a guy that has been coaching me and who is really helping me out. I'm hoping I can get to shoot with him sometime this winter.

flounder33 12-21-2015 11:19 AM

Might work. :s4:

Grouse45 12-21-2015 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by BarnesAddict (Post 4234901)
Thanks guys.

I've been working, well over the phone anyway, with a guy that has been coaching me and who is really helping me out. I'm hoping I can get to shoot with him sometime this winter.

maybe you should coach him:popcorn:

super_hunt54 12-21-2015 12:31 PM

Not bad shooting for a pup :D Leave it to Grouse to worry about the holes :nonono2: At 100 I would worry about putting backing on to assure myself of bullet entry angle but at 400, if your bullet isn't stabilized you sure aren't going to hit anywhere near where you are aiming.