Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Got it back in time. >

Got it back in time.

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Got it back in time.

Old 12-21-2015, 10:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Got it back in time.

The scope was returned from Leupold just two days before the muzz season started. Mounted it, shot on my 100yd range to zero it, then headed to the club's range for some long range tuning.

She tracked excellent.

Pulled off this 5-shot 400yd group. Shooting was from a front rest and rear bag. No lead sled!

Old 12-21-2015, 10:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Holes don't look good at all. Do you not put card board backing on your targets? Those holes show signs of tumbling, but I would assume just not backed properly. That's an amazing group, but I would like to see better holes. All the money you spend in bullets and powder, im sure you can find some card/chip board someplace!!
Old 12-21-2015, 10:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Very unfortunately........ the club doesn't spend much time updating their 600yd range. And, unfortunately the State Police and Sheriff's departments use it and shoot everything all to heck (polite word). They use very large rubber belts to staple to and they're litterly filled with staples. I'm lucky to get a target stapled on them.

However... you're right. I don't use cardboard and its also the type target I'm using causing the problems. Ain't no bullet tumbling grouping like that at that range....

Last edited by BarnesAddict; 12-21-2015 at 10:21 AM. Reason: I'm old and can't spell.
Old 12-21-2015, 11:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd cut that thing loose... who could take a rifle like that into the woods? So unethical.
(Doesn't give the deer a chance!)

Great shooting, amazing actually!

I want to see the selfie of that GIANT GRIN you had when you saw that group.
Old 12-21-2015, 11:10 AM
Dominant Buck

Nice...I couldn't match that at 50 yds.
Old 12-21-2015, 11:12 AM
Dominant Buck

Very good shooting with a muzzleloader there. I could never pull that kind of shooting off. Congratulation.
Old 12-21-2015, 11:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys.

I've been working, well over the phone anyway, with a guy that has been coaching me and who is really helping me out. I'm hoping I can get to shoot with him sometime this winter.
Old 12-21-2015, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Might work.
Old 12-21-2015, 11:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BarnesAddict
Thanks guys.

I've been working, well over the phone anyway, with a guy that has been coaching me and who is really helping me out. I'm hoping I can get to shoot with him sometime this winter.
maybe you should coach him
Old 12-21-2015, 12:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not bad shooting for a pup Leave it to Grouse to worry about the holes At 100 I would worry about putting backing on to assure myself of bullet entry angle but at 400, if your bullet isn't stabilized you sure aren't going to hit anywhere near where you are aiming.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.