Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Switching bullets have question >

Switching bullets have question

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Switching bullets have question

Old 12-20-2015, 07:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

I did not see a post from Sabatloader offering bullets.
I believe he also sent you a private message about the bullets.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/4234435-post10.html
Old 12-20-2015, 07:06 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks WVHunter, I found the other post from Sabotloader and have sent him a message. Somehow I have 2 posts almost identical. Jim
Old 12-20-2015, 07:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

You should check out the PT Gold bullets if you want a good bullet for a good price.

https://www.harvestermuzzleloading.c...orpion-pt-gold

Last edited by Muley Hunter; 12-20-2015 at 07:10 AM.
Old 12-20-2015, 07:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by redmag
Thanks WVHunter, I did get the bullets from Flounder 32 of them or they are on their way. I was trying to get enough bullets (260 Knights) to keep my brother happy. He is a pain in the ass with his muzzleloader and very resistant to any sort of change. I on the other hand am willing to change to allow him to continue shooting what we have been shooting for years. That is where I'm coming from. I did not see a post from Sabatloader offering bullets. Thanks for the input.
Another thing to think about... since you guys like those bullets for hunting, you can always buy other similar weight / style bullets to target shoot with - saving the stash for actually hunting. That is what I do with my Deep Curls now.

At some point Speer will (hopefully) cater to us again, and we'll be able to get what we want/need.
Old 12-20-2015, 07:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
You should check out the PT Gold bullets if you want a good bullet for a good price.

https://www.harvestermuzzleloading.c...orpion-pt-gold
Agree. PT Golds 240/260/300 by Harvester and Hornady XTP regulars 240/250/300 lead the pack of best buys for the dollar spent. Speer (Deep Curl) no longer wants to be included in this.
Old 12-20-2015, 10:08 AM
Spike

Default 260 bullets

Years ago when I bought my Knight Bighorn it came with the 260gr bullets in a black sabot and they shot very good. As I ran low on these I found they were hard to find.
The nearest thing I could find were from Speer which looked the same. Of course you will have to use your own sabots with these.
Old 12-20-2015, 10:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Knight doesn't make bullets, so another version can usually be found.
Old 12-20-2015, 11:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by zeek99
Years ago when I bought my Knight Bighorn it came with the 260gr bullets in a black sabot and they shot very good. As I ran low on these I found they were hard to find.
The nearest thing I could find were from Speer which looked the same. Of course you will have to use your own sabots with these.
Right. They ARE made by Speer. Its typically cheaper to buy the bullets / sabots in bulk anyhow than the pre-packaged 20 packs.

260gr Bullets