Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Over and OUT!!

Old 12-17-2015, 06:22 AM
Dominant Buck

I personally did not find your post offensive. But then I don't think it was aimed at me. As for you lurking instead of interacting ... that is your choice and I would honor that if that's what you feel best. But I like reading your posts and you have some valuable information. Interesting at times too. So instead of lurking, I would suggest staying an active member, and simply ignore posts that and posters that you find offensive or those aimed at you. I mean, why let them win. My mother used to say ... get thick skinned. And just let it slide off your back. I hope you stay active but again, its your choice. Best of everything in the future. And seasons greetings to you and your family.
Old 12-17-2015, 06:24 AM
Fork Horn

Hate to hear that BPS...hope you change your mind.
Old 12-17-2015, 06:25 AM
mountaineer magic

1874 got banned for a month For using the same word in a post ,(the poll ) figure that one out .

Last edited by mountaineer magic; 12-17-2015 at 06:39 AM.

Old 12-17-2015, 06:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

No reason to leave. I've been banned a few times too. It never stopped me from posting again. The problem with the word pud is it has many meanings. Some are mild, and some are pretty bad.

There's one poster that I can't stand, and sometimes i'll stop posting just to get away from him. He doesn't post on the BP forum, so it's not one of you guys. He should have been permanently banned a long time ago, but hasn't been. Not sure why?
Old 12-17-2015, 06:37 AM
Banned

I wouldn't, that just lets the easily offended party"s" get what they want, less negative attention to their stories.
Old 12-17-2015, 06:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by flounder33
Just not going to respond to any more of your personal attacks.
That's a great idea, cause im gonna call you out everytime.
Old 12-17-2015, 07:11 AM
Dominant Buck

Guys let me jump in here before too much water goes over the dam. I am not sure but this forum seems to be a constant source of complaints which has resulted in a fair amount of moderator time. To set the record straight I am not normally one of the mods who monitor this forum. I don't know the characters or much of the history so it is a bit difficult for me. It was me that approached BPS about not using that term. It did come via a complaint which is initially fielded by the admin team but I wasn't privy to who it was that complained other than an email address. I asked BPS to not call anyone that and he agreed to stop. Plain and simple request and he did the right thing. I was surprised to see this thread show up but that is just the way it goes sometimes. I have been a moderator only a short time and try to perform my duties like I managed in the Fortune 500 company during my career. Having to sit like a referee and continually ban people is a failure at least from my way of thinking. My tactic is to show the right path and allow people enough space to follow. My management history is filled with a few failures but more success. Banning a person does take a trouble maker out of the mix but does come at a cost of removing ideas, diversity and knowledge from the forum. I will share one of the reasons why I decided to step to a moderator position when asked by Cal Hunter. Many years ago one of the most popular forums here on HNI was the Off Season. There were many regulars and lots of interaction. Over time the place got to be more like the wild west with many arguments and complaints. Admin, who is given the task of really running the site got tired of dealing with all the issues and ended up perma banning many of the regulars and removing that forum completely from the site. It remained that way for a long time. Gradually a few of the old timers who were left worked out an agreement with admin to restore the forum. It took a long time and we were lucky to get it back. Today that forum is there but nothing like what it was and few of the old regulars even come here anymore. I think the BP forum has some of the most knowledgeable posters anywhere on the site. I would hate to see things degrade to the point where anyone would consider pulling the plug. My suggestion is to try to refrain from being dragged down to a lower level by responding to someone who is already there. Take the high road and be a leader on the forum not a follower over a cliff.

CI
Old 12-17-2015, 07:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

BPS - I know what you mean. There are one or two guys in here that think they know it all and always try and get in the last word.
That's the problem with this entire society these days. I saw nothing wrong with that post and because one person got offended all hell breaks loose. This being politically correct is a bunch of BS. A forum is meant to speak your mind on a topic as long as it is not vulgar.
CI - I saw nothing wrong with BPS's post either and I believe there should have been more restraint just because one person got offended. This is a democracy and majority rules. I bet if a poll was taken, not one other person would have been offended by the post.

Last edited by bronko22000; 12-17-2015 at 07:30 AM.
Old 12-17-2015, 07:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander
Guys let me jump in here before too much water goes over the dam. I am not sure but this forum seems to be a constant source of complaints which has resulted in a fair amount of moderator time. To set the record straight I am not normally one of the mods who monitor this forum. I don't know the characters or much of the history so it is a bit difficult for me. It was me that approached BPS about not using that term. It did come via a complaint which is initially fielded by the admin team but I wasn't privy to who it was that complained other than an email address. I asked BPS to not call anyone that and he agreed to stop. Plain and simple request and he did the right thing. I was surprised to see this thread show up but that is just the way it goes sometimes. I have been a moderator only a short time and try to perform my duties like I managed in the Fortune 500 company during my career. Having to sit like a referee and continually ban people is a failure at least from my way of thinking. My tactic is to show the right path and allow people enough space to follow. My management history is filled with a few failures but more success. Banning a person does take a trouble maker out of the mix but does come at a cost of removing ideas, diversity and knowledge from the forum. I will share one of the reasons why I decided to step to a moderator position when asked by Cal Hunter. Many years ago one of the most popular forums here on HNI was the Off Season. There were many regulars and lots of interaction. Over time the place got to be more like the wild west with many arguments and complaints. Admin, who is given the task of really running the site got tired of dealing with all the issues and ended up perma banning many of the regulars and removing that forum completely from the site. It remained that way for a long time. Gradually a few of the old timers who were left worked out an agreement with admin to restore the forum. It took a long time and we were lucky to get it back. Today that forum is there but nothing like what it was and few of the old regulars even come here anymore. I think the BP forum has some of the most knowledgeable posters anywhere on the site. I would hate to see things degrade to the point where anyone would consider pulling the plug. My suggestion is to try to refrain from being dragged down to a lower level by responding to someone who is already there. Take the high road and be a leader on the forum not a follower over a cliff.

CI
Thanks for taking the time to post this. Just validates what I said.
Old 12-17-2015, 08:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
BPS - I know what you mean. There are one or two guys in here that think they know it all and always try and get in the last word.
That's the problem with this entire society these days. I saw nothing wrong with that post and because one person got offended all hell breaks loose. This being politically correct is a bunch of BS. A forum is meant to speak your mind on a topic as long as it is not vulgar.
CI - I saw nothing wrong with BPS's post either and I believe there should have been more restraint just because one person got offended. This is a democracy and majority rules. I bet if a poll was taken, not one other person would have been offended by the post.
I'm in complete agreement with you and others bronko, It's good to let the truth be known.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.