Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Over and OUT!!

Old 12-18-2015, 07:59 AM
Banned

game suffers with every projectile and arrow out there if the shooter isn't worth a damn at shooting.

I've killed more than enough to PRB to know I have full faith.
Old 12-18-2015, 08:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

I for one wouldn't want BPS to leave the conversation!!! And I agree that when a mod starts using "POLITICAL CORRECTNESS", we are all in trouble.

And I wish the two guys here using their sharp sticks to poke the hornets nest would stop!! I have blanked out these two in the past and looks like I need to do it again!!!

Now as to primitive, flinters and cap locks are just about as primitive as it gets. Caplocks were used more then 150 years ago in the past. Thats not good enough for you? Really. We don't have a primitive season here in Virginia, but I wish we did!

Inline does have a slight advantage over the sidelocks, just think about BH209!!! Putting them in the gun season wouldn't bother me one bit.

Now as to this forum, This is one of the few civil forums that I go to. There are a few who do like to kick up some dust at times, but I am also seeing a move to the wrong side of the road here. We need to squeeze those who would ruin a great forum out on their butts and let them go mess up some other site!!!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-18-2015, 08:04 AM
Dominant Buck

Crossbows are legal here in 2016 for anyone 50 and over. I don't care either way and I plan to stick with my compound. The main difference I can see is ability to shoot easier without standing if seated in a tree stand. Movement is less since you don't have to draw. To accurately shoot a bow a person needs a lot of practice to develop the skills and strength and the crossbow after sighted in is a point and shoot with more range. The only good at least from my way of thinking is it might keep a few of the seniors in the game.
Old 12-18-2015, 08:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

I don't know how we got to crossbow hunting but I got a crossbow for my grandson so I can take him out with me under PA's mentoring program. Carrying a crossbow in the woods is no picnic. It gets hung up on tree branches, bumps trunks and is basically a PITA to carry. Give me my compound any day of the week. And out to 40 yards I can shoot it as well as I can the crossbow.
Old 12-18-2015, 08:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

A crossbow has the advantage of not having to draw the arrow back while the game is looking. They also are easier to learn if we're talking about a scoped crossbow.

One disadvantage is you have a super slow and noisy 2nd shot. Another one is the bolt drops faster than the longer arrow from a verticle bow.
Old 12-18-2015, 08:14 AM
Banned

plus they dont shoot as flat as a compound bow and are noisy on every shot.
Old 12-18-2015, 08:17 AM
Dominant Buck

I'll stick with what has worked well for all these years...as long as I can still pull the damn thing back......
Old 12-18-2015, 08:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

If Colorado ever decided to offer a primitive muzzy season i'd be happier than a pig in slop
If any state wants to offer an additional season for primitive which would only allow PRB, i would have no objections. The bow hunters though would likely have a fit if it took some of their 2 month+ season. We have those restrictions here already during some specialty hunts which are by draw only.

There are opportunities here to hunt only with "like minded" hunters. Instead of a season, i would suggest an area designated for a few years of primitive only lottery type hunts. See how many people apply first before considering adding a additional season statewide.
Old 12-18-2015, 08:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Bow hunters get a month here during the elk rut. The muzzy season is right in the middle of the bow hunt. The bow hunters scream about that, and want the muzzy hunters out of THEIR hunt.

They really should keep quiet. The DOW is not thrilled with compound bows either. They shoot much farther, and more accurately than the season was intended for which was recurves and longbows with no sights.
Old 12-18-2015, 08:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
game suffers with every projectile and arrow out there if the shooter isn't worth a damn at shooting.

I've killed more than enough to PRB to know I have full faith.

Your inbox must be full.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.