Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Over and OUT!!

Old 12-17-2015, 12:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by mountaineer magic
I guess so Jon or is it goexblackhorn now? I dont mind getting banned but i do not like being accused of doing something i did not do . Apparently JW thinks everyone has a filthy mind like he does and tries to say anyone using that word is calling others names . Which is baloney .
BPS did not call anyone a name. I'm not sure where you guys are coming up with this stuff. His comment was putting down inline shooters. It was not directed at any person at all. He liked the Elk a guy shot with a Flintlock then made a comment about inline shooters in general.

The only person who called anyone a name was Flounder33. He called me a name replying to a post. Not BPS.

I hate when threads get deleted and assumptions are made. I think BPS exact words were pud inline shooters. It was not noted to or meant to be to any one person. And his point was someone shooting an animal with a Flintlock deserves more credit then one with another weapon like an inline user.
Old 12-17-2015, 12:32 PM
Banned

Well, now neither of you get a cookie after you finish your dinner tonight.

And by the way, if we on the forum wanted to listen to this political correctness crap, we'd watch the news.

I'm sure you've been called worse.
Old 12-17-2015, 12:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

If memory serves me correctly, and at my decrepit age it sometimes doesn't, the way it was stated was something like "much more deserving than some pud with an inline" which I did take a bit of offense to and stated as much to BP, but to go running to the mods crying about it was a little much in my opinion. It's the internet guys. Grow a little thicker skin. If someone says something you don't like or take offense to (within a certain amount of reason of course) let them know they have offended you and try to straighten it out among yourselves. And as far as the word itself being derogatory, at close to 70 years old I have heard the word used in MANY various ways and one of those ways is synonymous with male lower region. It's a word with many meanings just like Gay used to mean happy and carefree.
Old 12-17-2015, 12:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
If memory serves me correctly, and at my decrepit age it sometimes doesn't, the way it was stated was something like "much more deserving than some pud with an inline" which I did take a bit of offense to and stated as much to BP, but to go running to the mods crying about it was a little much in my opinion. It's the internet guys. Grow a little thicker skin. If someone says something you don't like or take offense to (within a certain amount of reason of course) let them know they have offended you and try to straighten it out among yourselves. And as far as the word itself being derogatory, at close to 70 years old I have heard the word used in MANY various ways and one of those ways is synonymous with male lower region. It's a word with many meanings just like Gay used to mean happy and carefree.
ThankYou!!!!
Nobody cried to the Mods at all. The Mod saw it himself and did the warning. The Mod explained that already some place.
Old 12-17-2015, 12:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

The fact is I said something to the effect that anyone who judges a hunter by how many deer he has registered is that word I can't use. I did not mean it in any vulgar sense but in the sense it was used in "Grumpy Old Men". And I did not direct it to any one poster I said anyone who thinks that way. I personally think there is a lot more to hunting than putting meat in the freezer, not that there is anything wrong with that, its just that to me there is a lot more to it.
It doesn't have to be some kind of competition about how many, how big, how fast or any of that. I just don't understand why some people need to take a sport that gets us away from the "rat race" and make it into the same kind of thing many of us are seeking a bit of relief from.
Nuff said, I'm sure someone will try to twist these words around like he has with so many other things I have ever said on here.
Old 12-17-2015, 12:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

I guess so Jon or is it goexblackhorn now? I dont mind getting banned but i do not like being accused of doing something i did not do . Apparently JW thinks everyone has a filthy mind like he does and tries to say anyone using that word is calling others names . Which is baloney .
I think the meaning was clear the way it was used. He wasn't handing out a compliment.
Old 12-17-2015, 02:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Grouse45
ThankYou!!!!
Nobody cried to the Mods at all. The Mod saw it himself and did the warning. The Mod explained that already some place.
think you need to reread CI's post on page 2
Originally Posted by Champlain Islander
Guys let me jump in here before too much water goes over the dam. I am not sure but this forum seems to be a constant source of complaints which has resulted in a fair amount of moderator time. To set the record straight I am not normally one of the mods who monitor this forum. I don't know the characters or much of the history so it is a bit difficult for me. It was me that approached BPS about not using that term. It did come via a complaint which is initially fielded by the admin team but I wasn't privy to who it was that complained other than an email address. I asked BPS to not call anyone that and he agreed to stop. Plain and simple request and he did the right thing.

CI
Though I'm an avid black powder hunter this is the reason I very seldom post here, and not much more in the other forums, too many drama queens
RR
Old 12-17-2015, 03:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner

Though I'm an avid black powder hunter this is the reason I very seldom post here, and not much more in the other forums, too many drama queens
RR
We appreciate it.

Thanks.
Old 12-17-2015, 03:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
think you need to reread CI's post on page 2

RR
Yes I did. Not sure what your referring to but the 5th sentence clearly answers the question. Not sure what you don't understand, or we are talking about different things.
Old 12-17-2015, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I guess so Jon or is it goexblackhorn now?
I am now poster "GoexBlackhorn" on nine ML boards that I'm active in, all except this one. I haven't shot TripleSe7en powder in 7-8 years and desired a more proper username than TripleSe7en.

I emailed the HuntingNet administration here requesting a change of username this morning. No response yet..... maybe tomorrow.

Speaking of Jon, I will register there at Frontier as GoexBlackhorn. Not sure if I will be successful in my attempt, after self-suspending my membership there about six months ago.

Last edited by Triple Se7en; 12-17-2015 at 03:25 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.