HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   TC Impact (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/403197-tc-impact.html)

super_hunt54 12-13-2015 06:37 PM

TC Impact

My daughter came across the TC Impact while doing a search for viable MLer for herself. As a few on here know I told her and the rest of the gun grubbers (my kids) that pappy was absolutely done supplying their firearms and it was high time they buy them for themselves! Well her job aint the greatest in the world and while she isn't "scraping by" she doesn't have a whole heck of a lot of money for "fun stuff" since she is saving up to buy herself a house in the next couple years. So, come tax time, she plans to buy herself an inline rather than "bumming" my Hawken again next year. I personally have zero experience with the Impact and wouldn't mind some folks on here with one to let me know how they shoot and feel and such. I have looked at a BUNCH of reviews on the little rifle and so far I have seen around 90% positive ones. But as we all know, it's hard to weed out the "paid" reviews from the real ones. It looks to me that it would be a handy little rifle for her as a beginning ML shooter and that little removable spacer in the butt stock would probably bring it to a perfect LOP for her being she is the one kid that didn't inherit my height. Little bugger like her momma.

I was planning on hooking her up with a nice used Omega since I know for a fact that is a top quality rifle. But if she can get a brand new, well reviewed rifle for LESS than she can get a USED rifle it kinda makes sense to me to let her get that one if it fits her as well as her budget. Anyone with actual hands on experience with one of these please sound off. Bad or good I want to hear what people think about this rifle. I don't want my little angel spending her hard earned dollars on a dud if I can help it.

Thanks a bunch!!

t.shaffer 12-14-2015 03:15 AM

super i"ve got various tc muzzies & i do have the impact& i like it very much shoots great ia little hard to load tez sabots & so i went with mmp sabots & they send you a sample pack & i use the 3 pellet ez loads & man does it group excellant @ 100 yrds the only i don't like it does not have a speed breech just like the omega you have to use a tool to remove breech plug. i a big dude & fits me well leaving spacer in. nice thing about the impact is the price. can getch it on sdale for 200 rreg price is 230, i use it with bh209 & barnes 300 hollow pointsin heavy brush i've got a bushnell 1x4 circle x scope on it & picks up deer right away in the thick stuff & all my kills with this set up have been drt . the complete set up with a scope mount & rings & the scope was around325 out the door. i highly recommend it& good luck:barmy:

Triple Se7en 12-14-2015 05:49 AM

I prefer the Impact over the CVA Wolf. I came within 24 hours of buying the Impact when a forum member at modern's board mentioned Knight having a Knight Vision sale for 199 bucks. So I purchased the Knight instead.

BUT, keep in mind if suggesting the Vision to your daughter, that the Vision feels about a pound heavier than the Impact. You will notice a difference holding each one side-by-side. So for a girl carrying it around, that's a world of difference.

What I liked most about the Impact is how quickly I could dial-in a target with those real nice factory fiber-optic sights on the Impact. Plus it balances real well to the shoulder also and the stock can be adjusted for shorter / longer fit.

My 5'10" 13 year-old grandson will be ready for an inline next year. The Impact is the ML on my shopping list for him.

WV Hunter 12-14-2015 06:53 AM

Friend of mine got Impact for his son. They really like it and it shoots well. Nice gun, and great for smaller framed shooters with the adjustable stock.

super_hunt54 12-14-2015 12:09 PM

Still thinking if I can find her an Omega that's not had the hell beat out of it for around 300 or so she would have a better rifle but her way of thinking certainly can't be faulted as far as new verses used. Her being 25 I wont have to worry about her "growing" out of it :D so I can work on an Omega stock to get it to her perfect LOP fit. Guess we will have to see what I can find for around the time she can buy something and then do a comparison.

Grouse45 12-14-2015 12:28 PM

http://www.tcarms.com/firearms/muzzleloaders/impact

Click on the video

sabotloader 12-14-2015 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by super_hunt54 (Post 4233152)
Still thinking if I can find her an Omega that's not had the hell beat out of it for around 300 or so she would have a better rifle but her way of thinking certainly can't be faulted as far as new verses used. Her being 25 I wont have to worry about her "growing" out of it :D so I can work on an Omega stock to get it to her perfect LOP fit. Guess we will have to see what I can find for around the time she can buy something and then do a comparison.

That is absolutely correct the Omega would be a better rifle.

You might also look at a Knight Freedom series DISC.

http://www.knightrifles.com/product/...-muzzleloader/

+ if you follow along some of the ML auction sites - there will be some real good deals coming along now the hunting season is over.

super_hunt54 12-14-2015 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Grouse45 (Post 4233154)

Already saw that and many other things Grouse. That's the problem I've been having separating the PAID endorsements from actual real and honest reviews.

Originally Posted by sabotloader (Post 4233155)
That is absolutely correct the Omega would be a better rifle.

You might also look at a Knight Freedom series DISC.

http://www.knightrifles.com/product/...-muzzleloader/

+ if you follow along some of the ML auction sites - there will be some real good deals coming along now the hunting season is over.

She shoots her centerfires a lot Sabot but I really don't think she will be "pounding" her MLer like I do but then again, I could be wrong. The girl does like to shoot. She now reloads all her own stuff for both her 7mm08 and her .243 (granted on my equipment) but she is highly detail oriented, logs everything, keeps a file with her targets in it so she can verify any load for whatever she will be going hunting for. That's kind of why I am a bit against the "cheap line" Impact as I just don't know if it will perform up to her standards. I KNOW a good Omega will as long as it hasn't been treated poorly. One thing I was reading on the Omegas was something about the action loosening and allowing the trigger guard to fall down some and letting the primer fall out. Something about a poorly placed or designed pin?

Grouse45 12-14-2015 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by super_hunt54 (Post 4233164)
Already saw that and many other things Grouse. That's the problem I've been having separating the PAID endorsements from actual real and honest reviews.

She shoots her centerfires a lot Sabot but I really don't think she will be "pounding" her MLer like I do but then again, I could be wrong. The girl does like to shoot. She now reloads all her own stuff for both her 7mm08 and her .243 (granted on my equipment) but she is highly detail oriented, logs everything, keeps a file with her targets in it so she can verify any load for whatever she will be going hunting for. That's kind of why I am a bit against the "cheap line" Impact as I just don't know if it will perform up to her standards. I KNOW a good Omega will as long as it hasn't been treated poorly. One thing I was reading on the Omegas was something about the action loosening and allowing the trigger guard to fall down some and letting the primer fall out. Something about a poorly placed or designed pin?

That's true about the Omega, but it's an easy fix.

super_hunt54 12-14-2015 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Grouse45 (Post 4233182)
That's true about the Omega, but it's an easy fix.

Yeah just looked it up. Sounds easy enough.