Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
The truth about muzzleloading!!! >

The truth about muzzleloading!!!

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

The truth about muzzleloading!!!

Old 12-12-2015, 04:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sbuff
Cecil's bullets may be good but he sure messed up his nef breach plug, then after telling him about it and giving correct measurement I have heard nothing back, nothing . This is fact not false .

for that reason alone I won't support his product. I have seen and heard good results from the bloodline bullets but I have enough 300 gr deep curls to last a long long time.

Sorry to hear that!! I've heard he's not to great of a guy but seems alright on the phone.
Old 12-12-2015, 04:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

I belong to the group on the other end of the specturm. I own a couple inlines. A Knight and a CVA. But they are more or less just a novelty to me. I also own a bunch of centerfire rifles, mostly lever guns. But my two greatest loves are archery and muzzleloader hunting. And almost every time I hunt with my muzzleloaders I usually grab one of my 7 or 8 sidelocks. This year for example no CFs came out of my safe. I carried my .58 GM barreled Renegade all through bear and rifle season.
I have no problem with guys (or gals) wanting to use in-lines with BH209 and modern all copper or copper alloy bullet. I'll take a sidelock with good old BP and either a PRB or a saboted XTP depending on what rifle I'm shooting and be content. If it means getting closer to my quarry or passing on the shot that's fine. That's my idea of hunting.
Old 12-12-2015, 05:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Grouse45
Sorry to hear that!! I've heard he's not to great of a guy but seems alright on the phone.
I like some of his bullets too but some of his opinions are WAY off base. Such as a 45cal 1-20 or 1-22 cant shoot sabots well over 1700fps.

He also claims a 1-32 is ideal for a 50cal.
Old 12-12-2015, 08:34 AM
Fork Horn

He won't get any more of my money.
Old 12-12-2015, 10:32 AM
1874sharpsshooter

Originally Posted by sbuff
He won't get any more of my money.
As long as he keeps selling 260 gr 40/45 Dead Centers he will get plenty of my mine 😀

Old 12-12-2015, 10:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by 1874sharpsshooter
As long as he keeps selling 260 gr 40/45 Dead Centers he will get plenty of my mine 😀
They are a great bullet for sure. They should be on sale pretty soon
Old 12-12-2015, 11:48 AM
Fork Horn

He should use all the bullet money you guys are giving him and learn to make a correct nef breech plug, at the least respond to the people who told him about it.
Old 12-13-2015, 05:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

People on these forums like to assume things and write things that are absolutely false.
i don't see that on these boards. i see lots of folks using what works for them, me included. Someone will start a thread about how well such and such bullet or powder worked for them; then another person will claim his bullet or powder is no good. Why not just let folks use what works for them. In the past i've used big conicals on wild hogs and never lost an animal. Ditto for patched round balls.

So my beliefs really haven't changed much over the last few years. But this is what I believe is the best and what I use.
Go ahead and use what works for you; i'll continue to use what works for me.

BTW: There must surely be a reason that CVA sells more inline guns than all other makers combined.
Old 12-13-2015, 06:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well said falcon.
Old 12-13-2015, 07:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by falcon
i don't see that on these boards. i see lots of folks using what works for them, me included. Someone will start a thread about how well such and such bullet or powder worked for them; then another person will claim his bullet or powder is no good. Why not just let folks use what works for them. In the past i've used big conicals on wild hogs and never lost an animal. Ditto for patched round balls.

Go ahead and use what works for you; i'll continue to use what works for me.

BTW: There must surely be a reason that CVA sells more inline guns than all other makers combined.
Yes, very well said about bullets. You never lost an animal. That acceptable for most but not me.

As far as CVA, they are the cheapest to buy good or bad. Plus, they take the biggest loss of all the other companies combined as well. Cabelas and Walmart sell more CVA'S under cost then any other manufacture by far. This is public knowledge you can see for yourself.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.