Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Do You Doubt The PRB? >

Do You Doubt The PRB?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Do You Doubt The PRB?

Old 12-21-2015, 06:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
a REAL mountain man Pete, not some old guy dressing up. No mountain man had a gut like that in the real day LOL. The guy I did some trading with last year at ronnyvoo snickered and said he'd stock normal size clothing but it seems the mountain men get bigger each year and size of clothing he brings in, increases
Very few pictures of real mountain men. Odds are one of then lost sight in one eye.

Not to shock you, but i'm not an original MM either.
Old 12-22-2015, 03:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

OK, but how does this prevent her from doing an end run and issuing an executive order banning future use of lead in sporting ammunition?
The president of the US lacks the authority of Mickey Mouse dictators.

There is lots of hype, misinformation, and outright lies associated with the "banning" of lead bullets.

The current administration has refused to to along with the crazies who want the EPA to ban lead in bullets. The EPA has consistently stated that the agency lacks the authority to ban lead bullets.

Federal courts have ruled that the EPA lacks the authority to ban lead bullets:

The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) cannot regulate lead ammunition used by hunters, a federal appeals court said Tuesday.

A group of environmental organizations was seeking to force the EPA to regulate spent lead bullets and shots under the Toxic Substances Control Act. They argued the lead from bullet fragments is harmful to animals and hunters who eat those animals.

But the EPA rejected the groups’ petition, saying the agency is not allowed to regulate gun cartridges and shells under federal law.

The environmental groups sued the EPA, but a federal appeals court on Tuesday rejected their claims.
http://thehill.com/regulation/227972...ets-court-says

If anyone wants to debate the "banning" of lead bullets by "executive order" take it to the political forum of this site and i'll willingly oblige.

Last edited by falcon; 12-22-2015 at 03:54 AM.
Old 12-22-2015, 06:32 AM
Banned

Default Oh, really?

Originally Posted by falcon
The president of the US lacks the authority of Mickey Mouse dictators.

There is lots of hype, misinformation, and outright lies associated with the "banning" of lead bullets.

The current administration has refused to to along with the crazies who want the EPA to ban lead in bullets. The EPA has consistently stated that the agency lacks the authority to ban lead bullets.

Federal courts have ruled that the EPA lacks the authority to ban lead bullets:

http://thehill.com/regulation/227972...ets-court-says

If anyone wants to debate the "banning" of lead bullets by "executive order" take it to the political forum of this site and i'll willingly oblige.
falcon,

Yeah, like the NSA lacks the legal grounds to monitor your phone calls, your emails, your forum postings, including this one.

The purpose of executive orders seems to include circumventing the will of Congress, or bypassing the regulations of government agencies. I don't want to debate this, and I surely hope my concerns are not prophetic, but I think keeping our heads stuck in the sand is not a good option.

OldBob
Old 12-22-2015, 06:43 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Triple Se7en
Yes sir Bob! Respect thy earth and all it's inhabitants.
T7,

I read a story in a book where Someone told a man to build a big boat, This wasn't so he could save his 50 closest neighbors. Someone had come to despise mankind so much that he was willing to destroy everything else that he had created, and loved, just to get rid of that one species.

OldBob
Old 12-22-2015, 07:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Grouse45
I just use 100 and 200grn for an easy example.

As far as pass through would depend on what bullet you are using?? With Bloodlines they will pass through with out a doubt. But all other bullets like you've seen in Rons testing????
Whitetail aren't that tough or that large. Being that I never intentionally shoot to bust a shoulder and always try for a double lung shot I have the utmost faith in my XTPs. I got a complete pass through on my biggest whitetail to date (200+ lbs - 10 pt.) using a little 200 gr 10mm XTP out of my .45 GM LRH barrel and 80 gr of Pyro P, The deer only ran about 50 yard and piled up.
I've also had pass throughs with my 300 gr .429" XTPs.
Having taken about a dozen or so deer with my MLs the only time I didn't get a pass through with my ML is using a .490" PRB on a large doe at a distance of somewhere around 75 yards shooting 80 gr of FFg.
Old 12-22-2015, 08:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

falcon

I believe you are correct on the Federal ban but States can and have been. And more States are considering the use of the California regulations. There are a number of States that now follow the California regs. Washington was close to years ago and Oregon now moving that direction.
Old 12-22-2015, 08:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Don't mess with my lead balls!!

Either of them!
Old 12-22-2015, 09:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

That is one reason why I am so reluctant to start using non lead ammunition...it just encourages the bug hugging lead banners.
Old 12-22-2015, 09:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

The only time I'll protest is if the government states a ban on polyester, in-favor of wool.

I'm itching just thinking about it.
Old 12-22-2015, 10:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Triple Se7en
The only time I'll protest is if the government states a ban on polyester, in-favor of wool.

I'm itching just thinking about it.
Use merino wool....no itch.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.