Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
nitride metal treatment >

nitride metal treatment

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

nitride metal treatment

Old 12-09-2015, 02:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

The beauty of BlackIce and possibly nitride on the exterior is easy clean up and no oil is needed. Pretty much anything just wipes off of BlackIce with a damp cloth. The flat black is very attractive IMO. Its a great way to tone down a SS finish. Its available in tan and a olive green too.
Old 12-09-2015, 02:45 PM
Fork Horn

For those thinking I'd recommend black ice
Old 12-09-2015, 04:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by miketodd58
I sure would like to have one of those CVA Accura MR with the Nitride Finish. I have been waiting to see if the Nitride had any of the flaking issues that the Previous CVA MR Muzzleloaders had. It seems they have resolved all of those issues from what I have gathered.

Problem is I don't need another Muzzleloader at the moment. I have been going back and updating my Optics on the ones I do have and its a handful just getting everything re zeroed.
well your going to hate me because i just ordered one of the v2/lr combo kits from midway 579.00 i just had to have one!!
Old 12-09-2015, 04:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sbuff
For those thinking I'd recommend black ice
do you have either one ?
Old 12-09-2015, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Gm54-120
The beauty of BlackIce and possibly nitride on the exterior is easy clean up and no oil is needed. Pretty much anything just wipes off of BlackIce with a damp cloth. The flat black is very attractive IMO. Its a great way to tone down a SS finish. Its available in tan and a olive green too.
yeah the color options are nice i almost did my .504 in green !!
Old 12-09-2015, 04:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by miketodd58
I sure would like to have one of those CVA Accura MR with the Nitride Finish. I have been waiting to see if the Nitride had any of the flaking issues that the Previous CVA MR Muzzleloaders had. It seems they have resolved all of those issues from what I have gathered.

Problem is I don't need another Muzzleloader at the moment. I have been going back and updating my Optics on the ones I do have and its a handful just getting everything re zeroed.
It's impossible to flake off. It's a metal treatment, not a coating. The black is just an effect of the treatment.
Old 12-09-2015, 04:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

If I understand the process correctly, it's a molecular bonding not a coating. But I'm no chemist, just an old fart with half a brain
Old 12-09-2015, 04:59 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by muzzlestuffer
well your going to hate me because i just ordered one of the v2/lr combo kits from midway 579.00 i just had to have one!!
I hate to brag, really I do...but I can't help it this time. I ordered what was listed as an Accura V2 nitride/package including konus scope and cloth gun case from Amazon. Got the gun yesterday, but it turned out to be a Optima V2 nitride/package, scope, and case. I called Amazon on it an turns out they never had the Accura all along. Merry Christmas to me!!

Gonna take her to the range tomorrow along with the Optima V2 pistol to see how she does.

Last edited by toytruck; 12-14-2015 at 05:25 AM.
Old 12-09-2015, 05:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Be careful with that scope. It doesn't have a lot of eye relief.
Old 12-09-2015, 05:27 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
Be careful with that scope. It doesn't have a lot of eye relief.
Thanks! 3 inches, I saw that too and will do!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.