Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Finally got one!!! >

Finally got one!!!

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Finally got one!!!

Old 11-19-2015, 06:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking Finally got one!!!

Well it was a beautiful day, crisp and with a blue bird sky. Started out really nice and cool, but started to warm up too soon. I saw what I thought was a farm dog coming in from my left. It took me three stops for me to verify she was a coyote.

It was only a few days into gun season and I was using my Kimber 84M in .338 Federal and she didn't go far after I hit her. This is the third coyote I have seen in the woods this year, but the firs time for a good shot. I asked the little woman if I could get it mounted and she said, "NO!" Oh well, she did have a nice pelt. She weighed in at 45lbs.

Would have like to take her during muzzle season!!!
Old 11-19-2015, 07:00 AM
Fork Horn

Way to go!! I haven't seen any here in couple years, but I know they are here just the same. Only one I ever saw I also thought it was someone's dog...it was watching me too, (during rifle season with blaze orange on).
Old 11-19-2015, 07:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

Well done rafsob. Kill those nasty buggers. Kill them all.
Old 11-19-2015, 07:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice job! I haven't seen one while hunting in a the last few years. I've been lucky enough to get a shot and kill every one I've seen while hunting, except 1. I have one that looks alot like yours mounted, weighed 45lbs also.

Good work!
Old 11-19-2015, 07:32 AM
Fork Horn

Way to go! Too many coyotes.
Old 11-19-2015, 09:54 AM
Spike

Kill em all!

If she's not letting you mount it are you saving the pelt? That's a decent sized dog
Old 11-19-2015, 10:22 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by rafsob
Well it was a beautiful day, crisp and with a blue bird sky. Started out really nice and cool, but started to warm up too soon. I saw what I thought was a farm dog coming in from my left. It took me three stops for me to verify she was a coyote.

It was only a few days into gun season and I was using my Kimber 84M in .338 Federal and she didn't go far after I hit her. This is the third coyote I have seen in the woods this year, but the firs time for a good shot. I asked the little woman if I could get it mounted and she said, "NO!" Oh well, she did have a nice pelt. She weighed in at 45lbs.

Would have like to take her during muzzle season!!!

congrats. you made a mistake asking the wife. never ask. much better to ask for forgiveness then permission.
Old 11-19-2015, 10:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Originally Posted by kidoggy
congrats. you made a mistake asking the wife. never ask. much better to ask for forgiveness then permission.
You may have been right.

This yote was an old female.
Old 11-19-2015, 11:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

By that statement I can see where the "kid" in kidoggy comes from. When you get older and been married a while you will see just how wrong you are in that statement. I'd much rather hear the "NO" from the asking permission than the "YOU DID WHAT????" followed by MUCH more colorful language than can be typed on a family forum

Nice yote raf. Did that .338fed just poke through or did it open up?
Old 11-19-2015, 11:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Truth! (well we all have to know our limits...haha)

I hung a deer head in my family room when my wife was out of town. It was WAR for 2 weeks. Been hanging since and that was in 2004.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.