Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Have you ever had one of those days??? >

Have you ever had one of those days???

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Have you ever had one of those days???

Old 10-14-2015, 09:01 PM
Banned

really like that nose cap!
Old 10-15-2015, 05:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
really like that nose cap!
Me too. I was wondering if you could purchase one for the rene?
Old 10-15-2015, 05:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

BPS- Not sure what the twist rate is on your .58. But my GM barreled Renegade just chews up 100 gr of Goex FFg under a .575" RB and .020" pillow tick patch lubed with olive oil. I think you read my recent post that showed 5 balls making a huge ragged hole in my target at 100 yards. And that was with a T/C peep sight.
It is all ready to head up the camp on Sunday after church to try and put the smack down on a big fat doe one day next week too.
Old 10-16-2015, 08:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Originally Posted by Slowburn
I think I may need to go through my gun safes and inventory what I have now on hand. Lately I have ran through a lot of rifles. I bought 7 or 8 in the last 2 weeks but have sold a few as well. I just can't pass up a good deal. Thanks SL for rotating the pic. The stock on that rifle is a little thicker than a regular Renegade stock. She will have to wait awhile before I get to shoot her. Gonna be out of state for a bit. Gonna head over in to WV with my .36 rock lock and chase some bushy tails with my dad and a couple of friends. I attached another pic so y'all can see the differences in the stocks. Anyways it's a great day to be me...lol
Don't let Hillary hear about them guns!!! She may want to take 'em away!?!?
Old 10-16-2015, 08:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

Old 10-18-2015, 08:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
BPS- Not sure what the twist rate is on your .58. But my GM barreled Renegade just chews up 100 gr of Goex FFg under a .575" RB and .020" pillow tick patch lubed with olive oil. I think you read my recent post that showed 5 balls making a huge ragged hole in my target at 100 yards. And that was with a T/C peep sight.
It is all ready to head up the camp on Sunday after church to try and put the smack down on a big fat doe one day next week too.
Bronko...

I have never checked it but it's probably 1:48 like most of the factory barrels were. I'm not gonna invest in a peep for it, it's gonna stay in factory original condition. Probably shouldn't have fired it, it would be worth more down the road.

Good luck during your up and coming week at camp!

BPS
Old 10-18-2015, 05:45 PM
Spike

Can't say when the last time I stayed in bed until 10 and I sure as a hell know I never found a gun in my safe I didn't know I had. Are you guys for real?
Old 10-18-2015, 07:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

You must be a young whippersnapper RCIII. Some of us old retired farts stay in bed until 10 whenever we feel like it, and I for one feel like it about two mornings a week.

I've never found a gun I didn't know I had. But I do have one around here someplace (a .50 NEF Sidekick) that I haven't run across in a while. I'm pretty sure I didn't give it away or sell it though.
Old 10-18-2015, 11:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well considering I shoot most every firearm I buy as soon as I get it cleaned up and thoroughly checked over (like a kid at Christmas ) I can't say that I "found one I didn't know I had" BUT at my old age and the amount of firearms I do have I can certainly say I'm pretty sure I have forgotten a few like the wall hangers (old milsurps that are a little too iffy to fire but have some history) or some of my collectibles that even just modern black powder would make me a little nervous to shoot them (A couple of Walkers in original condition).
Old 10-19-2015, 05:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Originally Posted by Semisane
You must be a young whippersnapper RCIII. Some of us old retired farts stay in bed until 10 whenever we feel like it, and I for one feel like it about two mornings a week.

I've never found a gun I didn't know I had. But I do have one around here someplace (a .50 NEF Sidekick) that I haven't run across in a while. I'm pretty sure I didn't give it away or sell it though.
I used a Sidekick for years and it never let me down:

I have always used a 300 gr. XTP and 85 grs. of Pyrodex but upgraded my bp to be able to shoot BH209. I use 95 grs of BH209 now. For eight straight years I have taken a deer with this gun. It is now my back up gun. Simple, no frills gun that works every time!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.