Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
250 Grain T-EZ Repeat >

250 Grain T-EZ Repeat

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

250 Grain T-EZ Repeat

Old 08-18-2015, 12:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default 250 Grain T-EZ Repeat

This morning the 250g T-EZ was tested once again. Range was 26 yard. Powder charge was 80g Blackhorn. A difference between the first and this test was the thickness of the plywood placed in front of the water jugs.

The photo shows the jugs rearranged in the order they were before being shot. The front two jugs show a lot of damage, the last three not so much. The bullet was found in the last jug.

The bullet weighs 247.8g. It penetrated deeper, and expanded less today than it did in the first test. It seems the thicker plywood used here, impeded the expansion of the bullet.

This test has convinced me to retest the 290g T-EZ. To retest the 290 bullet, the plywood will be sawed in half first, so it will be about the same thickness as the plywood used in all the earlier testing.
Old 08-18-2015, 12:39 PM
Dominant Buck

that to me is an impressive bullet. I never shot them, but those I have read are real accurate even when pushed hard. What is your opinion of them, pushed hard at say 100 yards range. Accurate or not?
Old 08-18-2015, 12:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

The first test was a much better looking bullet. This bullet was borderline penciling thru but started to mushroom. The key to having a good premium bullet, is consistently doing the same thing over a wide variety of scenarios. Thanks, Ron
Old 08-18-2015, 01:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

I should have sent Ron some of these too. Ive found them to be very temperamental.

275gr XPB shot pretty fast sabotless
Old 08-18-2015, 03:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Gm54-120
I should have sent Ron some of these too. Ive found them to be very temperamental.

275gr XPB shot pretty fast sabotless
I think they stand a better chance of mushrooming in my opinion
Old 08-18-2015, 05:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

At least some of those bullets were annealed. They should have been softer than a OEM Barnes.
Old 08-18-2015, 09:17 PM
Spike

First of all , Thanks Ron for all the testing of different bullets . I have had very good luck with the 50cal 250 tmz an the 45cal 195 bullet on game its like pushing a yard rack through a hole
The Lehigh is a very good looking bullet, But what I was wondering is after it breaks apart does the main part of the bullet mushroom anymore before exiting out the other side or is it going to be penciling?
Old 08-18-2015, 10:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

No W.W. The Lehigh CF (I'm assuming that is the bullet you are referring to) breaks off the petals and keeps going. The solid core that is left doesn't mushroom but it does do some damage on it's own. I was meaning to grab some of the .300 grain CF's to load up for the SOCOM to test on hogs but I didn't get the chance to. While my velocities of around 1800fps are above what MOST ML'ers shoot, they aren't so much faster that they aren't good for comparative results to how say a .50cal ML'er would perform on live game at 100 yards and in. Hopefully I can get a batch in and loaded up before rifle season in most parts of the country and sent back out on another hog hunt. I look at it like this, if a bullet performs well on various placements on a 100-150 pound hog then it is very well suited for whitetail. If it performs well on a direct shoulder placement on a 200+ pound hog then it will be very well suited for any placement on an Elk.