Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
.36 Navy VS .44 Army - Video >

.36 Navy VS .44 Army - Video

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

.36 Navy VS .44 Army - Video

Old 08-14-2015, 01:06 PM
Banned

Default .36 Navy VS .44 Army - Video

Coming soon! My brother and I did some comparing and we used the most accurate loads in the guns, not the most powerful. The difference is just huuuuuge! And yes, water jugs are exploding in the video!

Old 08-14-2015, 02:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

I do believe I would rather have the .44. Is that with a 20 gr charge?
Old 08-14-2015, 03:08 PM
Dominant Buck

I once shot my .44 New Army Pietta target Remington model revolver into a 2" thick dry plank. I was trying to "fast" (which with a cap and ball is very hard) shoot combat style. I figured the plank would stop the ball. Boy was i wrong. It breezed right through that plank like nothing. I never shot a water jug with it. Now you have me very interested in shooting it again.
Old 08-15-2015, 11:04 AM
Typical Buck

i HAVE 2 44'S A REMMIE LIKE dAVE'S AND A COLT 1860 BOBBED TO 4 INCHES BOTH HAVE GOOD BALLISTICS
Old 08-25-2015, 06:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

John...

Watching your videos reminds me of an incident that happened to a friend of mine back when I was in high school (a long time ago). He was given a replica 1851 brass framed Colt Navy .36 as a Christmas gift. Naturally he had to go out and shoot it some over the holiday so he shot it at various targets... cans, oranges, etc., and in the far corner of their yard stood an old and long dead Pear tree that was harder than $5.00 worth of jawbreakers. Well, curious about what kind of penetration that little ball might have, he stood about 10 yds. or so from the tree and took a shot.

He fired the revolver and immediately heard a ZZZZzzzing go by his ear! When he walked up to the tree, he found a nice round dimple (much the same as the one in your vid) and then turned back around and retraced his steps to where he stood when he fired. Looking back behind where he stood, he could see where the spent ball touched down in the snow and skipped a bit before stopping. He found the flattened, saucer shaped ball laying in top of the frozen ground and just shuttered at the thought of how close he may have been to losing an eye!! Needless to say, he never tried that stunt again!

BPS
Old 08-26-2015, 04:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Decades ago I owned a .36 navy that didn't survive an incident where I slipped on a frozen lake. A week later I had a beefier .44 army that has lasted to this day. I have fond memories of busting milk jugs with both.