Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
About those CVA muzzleloaders >

About those CVA muzzleloaders

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

About those CVA muzzleloaders

Old 08-03-2015, 04:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

I just thought of something. When Remington had their trigger problem it was all over national news.

Don't you think if CVA's were blowing up at the fault of the gun. That it would be on the news?
Old 08-03-2015, 07:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

If a CVA insider (like Mike Walker was to Remington) was giving out interviews to CNBC and they had a class action lawsuit....yes it would have made the news also.

Kinda hard to compare a tiny ML market to the Rem700 and its massive multi company corporation. CVA even if it made the news would be small potatoes by comparison to the millions and millions of effected Remingtons that were sold over the years. The trigger issues go way back. Even my old Rem600/660 had a trigger recall long before any of this hit the news.

Last edited by Gm54-120; 08-03-2015 at 07:48 PM.
Old 08-03-2015, 09:12 PM
Fork Horn

i would buy my cva optima again over any muzzleloader on the market. it shoots great groups, fits me perfectly and is an attractive firearm.
having only ever been shooting 100 grains of blackhorn 209 it has shown no signs of wear or stress as well.
Old 08-04-2015, 02:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

The person saw a can of powder and THINKS it was 3031 Not a very good witness.
Whatever you say. i would rather believe that man than an anymouse poster on a gun board. All you can do is parrot Randy Wakeman.
Old 08-04-2015, 03:38 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Stop the brand bashing you made your point.
Old 08-04-2015, 04:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by falcon
Whatever you say. i would rather believe that man than an anymouse poster on a gun board. All you can do is parrot Randy Wakeman.
Think before you post. You didn't supply anything substantial to this thread. You still don't know who HE was. Your own words apply to you as well. Be honest about it.
Old 08-04-2015, 04:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by JW
Stop the brand bashing you made your point.
This thread was nothing more than information. A notice. If it became more, it's because one person in particular couldn't deal with the info. I do wish those that own this product much pleasure and success. Whatever decisions they make is their choice. Nothing was ever stated by me to the contrary.
Old 08-04-2015, 04:11 AM
JW
Super Moderator

As i said you made your point. And from what i have seen i know where the first stone came from.
Old 08-04-2015, 04:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a 2010 made Optima and a 2013 Wolf. I am especially fond of the Optima, my max load is 120 grains of T7 pellets and a 250 grain bullet. It is very accurate. I use a maximum of 100 grains of T7 in the Wolf but it does not fit me as well as the thumb-hole stock on the Optima so I do not shoot it much. There is a lingering doubt that will not allow me to ever load either up with 150 grains of powder. Also, I do not need that much power to kill a whitetail, the Optima will do it at 200 yards with the 120 grains of powder in my opinion. I do not want to shoot any further then that.
Old 08-04-2015, 07:09 AM
Banned

Now now boys, lets not bring this knit picking topic back up, every gun maker has had a recall, including knight. I'd worry about about the 7.5 million remingtons recalled for faulty triggers.

This old CVA Hawken was made back in the 1980's, the barrel probably around the same time. Well over 2,200 shots through her and never once have I run across a safety issue with ANY muzzle loader I've shot. This rifle has actually shot more powder than todays normal inline magnum loads.

Now its pretty obvious we've got some fellow here's here that WANT to start trouble and be a bunch of loud mouths about something they only know about because what they've read LOL.

When it comes to shooting CVA I believe I have a huge gain in knowledge in the department. I shot the living hell out of them before I built up my Hawken and got bitten by that bug. 5,000 shots through 3 of them in year is pretty good and I doubt I'll do that again.

Last edited by MountainDevil54; 08-04-2015 at 07:13 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.