Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
About those CVA muzzleloaders >

About those CVA muzzleloaders

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

About those CVA muzzleloaders

Old 08-03-2015, 04:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes TC posted that problem MANY years ago as well as the FIX for it. It has to do with shimming between the cartridge and the breech face. Since just about every cartridge is a tiny bit different (some more than tiny) in thickness it is a physical impossibility to make a system with dead correct head spacing for every cartridge. This led to TC and Bellum coming out with corrective shims. This is a case not about ML'ers in the least bit.
Old 08-03-2015, 04:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
Yes TC posted that problem MANY years ago as well as the FIX for it. It has to do with shimming between the cartridge and the breech face. Since just about every cartridge is a tiny bit different (some more than tiny) in thickness it is a physical impossibility to make a system with dead correct head spacing for every cartridge. This led to TC and Bellum coming out with corrective shims. This is a case not about ML'ers in the least bit.
What are you talking about? I've owned a dozen T/C guns with no shimming needed. Are you talking about the hinge pins on the Encore frames? Or are you just talking about center fire guns??
Old 08-03-2015, 04:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

Randy Wakeman is in the pockets of a Tulsa, OK ambulance chaser.

One of Rand Wakeman's "cases" is a guy who had a CVA gun blow up after loading a large volume charge of a medium burning rate smokeless powder.

i met a man who was on the range at the time of the wreck. He saw the smokeless powder can sitting on the range bench after the gun blew up. The witness thinks the powder was IMR 3031.

CVA sells more muzzleloaders than all other makers combined: Companies whose gun blow cant' do that.

Last edited by falcon; 08-03-2015 at 04:28 PM.
Old 08-03-2015, 04:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
Bergara just makes the barrels. I'm not sure where the guns are assembled. Maybe in Spain too. Maybe they just target the US for the VA guns. We have 4 million ML hunters here. Plus, those who buy them to just plink. That's a pretty big market. Do they ML hunt in Spain? I don't really know. if they don't sell the guns in Spain, I don't think it's because they can't.
As far as i know the entire rifle is made in Spain. They may use some imported parts but im not sure about that.

Yes they do ML hunt since a member in Spain on MML wants a ML to hunt in Spain. He found Ardesa and several of us told him the CVA rifles are better than Traditions aka Ardesa. You can even get a Vortek UL IIRC.

Nearly every country in Europe is required to meet CIP proof standards for all firearms including MLs. So if you sell a ML and claim its safe to shoot a 150gr load, it better be able to pass the proof requirements. Italy has some of the strictest standards but the Euro zone has a minimum for all MLs sold, imported or exported within the zone. There are almost no proof regulations on MLs exported to the USA though.

Now, im not jumping on the bash CVA bandwagon. I just find this very strange AND i would like to find a link for this member. His English is poor so just providing a website for him is the easiest.

I don't side with RW or TB on the vast majority of their "sponsored" opinions. The goof ball even dislikes 45cals.

Last edited by Gm54-120; 08-03-2015 at 04:33 PM.
Old 08-03-2015, 04:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Grouse, they are more of an accurizing thing than a necessity or safety issue. But there have been SOME folks trying to say that they have had head space problems and blowouts caused by excessive head space such as the fella tried in his lawsuit against TC that Pete posted. Here's a link that will show you what I'm talking about. It's a long drawn out thing but very informative. http://www.bellmtcs.com/store/index.php?cid=172&

Edit to add: And yes the TC lawsuit that Pete posted was about TC's CENTER FIRE barrels.

Last edited by super_hunt54; 08-03-2015 at 04:46 PM.
Old 08-03-2015, 04:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
Grouse, they are more of an accurizing thing than a necessity or safety issue. But there have been SOME folks trying to say that they have had head space problems and blowouts caused by excessive head space such as the fella tried in his lawsuit against TC that Pete posted. Here's a link that will show you what I'm talking about. It's a long drawn out thing but very informative. http://www.bellmtcs.com/store/index.php?cid=172&

Edit to add: And yes the TC lawsuit that Pete posted was about TC's CENTER FIRE barrels.
Ok, Thanks!!
Old 08-03-2015, 04:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by falcon
Randy Wakeman is in the pockets of a Tulsa, OK ambulance chaser.

One of Rand Wakeman's "cases" is a guy who had a CVA gun blow up after loading a large volume charge of a medium burning rate smokeless powder.

i met a man who was on the range at the time of the wreck. He saw the smokeless powder can sitting on the range bench after the gun blew up. The witness thinks the powder was IMR 3031.

CVA sells more muzzleloaders than all other makers combined: Companies whose gun blow cant' do that.
There are shooters whom don't have sense about excess powder charges or proper powder types-smokeless, BP or subs.
There seems to be many CVA ambulances out there to chase.
Can you prove that anonymous person was truly at the range, or even a witness. The person saw a can of powder and THINKS it was 3031 Not a very good witness. If CVA has been contacted about potential lawsuits, don't you think they're going to break out that hush money. Sadly, many people would consider taking said money when they realize how long a case could drag on. That's one big way to get away from it. It's not all quality.
Old 08-03-2015, 04:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Game Stalker
Wake up and see reality, Pete. Randy is no one special to me. You've drank the Dudley Kool-Aid obviously. You were given a chance to prove that information was wrong. You couldn't do it. Instead, you post 1 ridiculous lawsuit claim that Super exposed as questionable in facts. It's not just Randy, either, as you already know. Face it: You're wrong and you have nothing but a pointless argument. You really should try to be more useful.
I simple posted that TC case to show companies have problems you never hear about. I had never heard about it. I didn't search that thread. It was on the Alaska forum, and I read it all the time.

I also didn't accept anything from Dudley. Just show the other side of the debate. I know i'd believe him over Randy on any subject, but especially about CVA. I'm not stupid. If I thought CVA had a problem with their present guns I wouldn't buy one. I also wouldn't recommend anybody else buy one, but I do. It's a lot of gun for the money. I'd prefer is was made in the US, but I wish my TV was too. Anybody own a US made TV?

Some of you can rag on CVA if you want. It doesn't change it from being a good gun.
Old 08-03-2015, 04:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Game Stalker
There are shooters whom don't have sense about excess powder charges or proper powder types-smokeless, BP or subs.
There seems to be many CVA ambulances out there to chase.
Can you prove that anonymous person was truly at the range, or even a witness. The person saw a can of powder and THINKS it was 3031 Not a very good witness. If CVA has been contacted about potential lawsuits, don't you think they're going to break out that hush money. Sadly, many people would consider taking said money when they realize how long a case could drag on. That's one big way to get away from it. It's not all quality.
Pretty much how the majority of all law suits settle. It's just how it is in these times. Nobody wants a long dragged out case. The case I posted went on for 10 years.
Old 08-03-2015, 04:56 PM
Spike

I have a CVA Eclipse I have been shooting for over 10 years. It has never blown up.

If you do not like your CVA guns, please send them to me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.